Mikel Merino

Disco

Shelvey's a far better passer like, he's just better at everything else. Absolute master of the Scott Parker Turn.

Not quite sure how to put it, but they are different kind of "good passers". Shelvey might have better long range passing (diagonal balls). Personally I prefer Merino's kind of passing, as he releases it much quicker, recycles possession, and doesn't need as much space before he releases it. Merino is better when it comes to making us tick I think. Shelvey tries the Hollywood pass a little bit too often.

Shelvey's a far better passer like, he's just better at everything else. Absolute master of the Scott Parker Turn.

Not quite sure how to put it, but they are different kind of "good passers". Shelvey might have better long range passing (diagonal balls). Personally I prefer Merino's kind of passing, as he releases it much quicker, recycles possession, and doesn't need as much space before he releases it. Merino is better when it comes to making us tick I think. Shelvey tries the Hollywood pass a little bit too often.

Like I said, he's more Cabaye than Shelvey. He's a good, confident passer but he's not going to be pinging constant worldies.

I just think people are going a bit over the top about his passing tbh, he's comfortable on the ball and has a decent passing range by the looks of things, seems more like Cabaye in that respect rather than Shelvey though.

Not sure I agree, he's probably picked out every type of pass you can think of so far.

Thing is because of how we have to play he's not had the opportunity to show it as consistently as Shelvey could in the championship.

I'm basically not sure atm with regards to Shelvey being a better passer.

Good assesment.  Shelvey has outstanding long range passing but he needs time and space to use it.  Merino seems to be a lot sharper in tight spaces but doesn't look like he can ping it as well as Shelvey does. 

I just think people are going a bit over the top about his passing tbh, he's comfortable on the ball and has a decent passing range by the looks of things, seems more like Cabaye in that respect rather than Shelvey though.

Aye, I'm much more excited by his tackling and intercepting than I am about his passing. He's a very comfortable passer rather than a ball through the eye of the needle type

His awareness of the space around him is excellent: he knows when to take it in his stride, he knows how to create space by letting it roll onto his other foot/behind him, and his short passes always find their man. He's combative too.

Was that volley going in? I think I would have leapt beyond the atmosphere if that had gone in.