Kenedy

Scottish Mag

It wonder if Rafa's starting to think about 3 at the back after his failed flirtation with playing 2 up front. Yedlin and Kenedy certainly seem to fit the bill as wing backs.

It's what I was thinking this morning. Marauders.

Not convinced about your search skills. I found a bunch of highlight videos of individual games and goals & skills compilations. What exactly are you looking for?

Have you watched them? The first minute of the first video (goals and skills) show him have the ball kick into his shins as a defender or running into trouble as an attacker. Maybe I need to go 4 minutes in to find the shots and crosses?

You on about KENEDY | Chelsea | - Brazilian Youngster |Skills & Goals| 2016 aye?

It takes 50 seconds for the video start showing any highlights :lol:

And after that, it's about him not really doing much. I'm being negative, I realise this, just don't understand the fascination with that skill against Norwich.

Did you watch the whole Norwich game?, he actually played very well, not just one piece of skill.

The video shows quite a bit, both good and bad, its cut up into sections to show him defensively, creatively, dribbling, missed chances and then finally goals.  Shows plenty of good interceptions and tackles at the start, some crosses and through balls that create chances and goals, then dribbling (again both good and bad) and has a minute or so at the end which shows 7 or 8 goals.

Not your typical show reel though, seems a bit more realistic in that its not just trying to show him at his absolute best.

Dummett away from home when we're going to be set up to do what we did at City. Kenedy in games like the ones we had against Brighton and Swansea where we need more going forward from full-back.

Came in here thinking exactly this. Otherwise he'll be rotated with Atsu, Murphy and Ritchie further up the pitch.

I wonder if Rafa's starting to think about 3 at the back after his failed flirtation with playing 2 up front. Yedlin and Kenedy certainly seem to fit the bill as wing backs.

Makes sense with our central midfield pool being thin too. Pushing the likes of Ritchie, Atsu and Murphy more into the middle to play with Hayden, Diame, Merino whoever is left.

Dummett away from home when we're going to be set up to do what we did at City. Kenedy in games like the ones we had against Brighton and Swansea where we need more going forward from full-back.

Came in here thinking exactly this. Otherwise he'll be rotated with Atsu, Murphy and Ritchie further up the pitch.

Which would be fine as none of them have pulled up any trees this season.

I also wonder if he is thinking about a 3 at the back / 5 at the back system, utilising Kenedy and Yedlin as wing backs. Again it's an extra formational option that isn't really a possibility with Dummett or Manquillo.

That's what I would like to see.

Mbemba, Lascelles, Dummett as centerbacks and Yedlin and Kenedy as wingbacks.

Am I right in thinking Rafa prefers left-footers on the left and right etc.?

Just wondering if he might replace Ritchie sometimes, cos Ritchie has been pretty much ineffectual of late other than work rate.

He just seems to prefer left footers full stop.

Atsu, Ritchie, Kenedy and Aarons are all left footed.

Murphy doesn't seem to have an out and out favourite foot.