Kenedy

Scottish Mag

Depends on how big the pot is if the pot is like this season around 30 million then you've just eaten up two thirds of it and still don't have a striker.

We will likely sell Gayle and Motto, assuming they fetch £30mil between them. I half expect Ritchie to go as well and would fetch 10-15mil

Would love him as our No.10 next season.

I can see why people would see him as having what it takes for that role. But he’ll play where he has been if we can secure his signature. Unfortunately I am pessimistic about him staying, even if we bid.

Depends on how big the pot is if the pot is like this season around 30 million then you've just eaten up two thirds of it and still don't have a striker.

If the pot is £30m we won't have a manager either.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I know he was generally pretty good - but was he really THAT good? Some folks are going on like he scored 10 and assisted 20. Yes, he made a decent impact, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't sign him permanently. At the end of the day, he's a relatively inexperienced player and it was a big risk to sign him based on his past record. Thankfully the risk paid off, but there are plenty more fish in the sea

I know he was generally pretty good - but was he really THAT good? Some folks are going on like he scored 10 and assisted 20. Yes, he made a decent impact, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't sign him permanently. At the end of the day, he's a relatively inexperienced player and it was a big risk to sign him based on his past record. Thankfully the risk paid off, but there are plenty more fish in the sea

:lol:

He scored 2, assisted 2, he's hit the bar, the post and won a pen. I'd argue he's got 3 assists going off that highlight video I posted. 2 from corners for Jamaal and Diame, and the 3rd for Ayo. I'm assuming one of the corners took a nick off somebody and couldn't be attributed to him.

Kenedy - 1030 mins  - 2 goals - 2 assists

Atsu - 1782 mins - 2 goals - 2 assists

Murphy - 1054 mins - 1 goal - 1 assist

Richtie - 2740 mins - 3 goals - 6 assists

Not only is Kenedy more efficient than Atsu and Murphy, he's created space and reduced our reliance to force play down the right wing. For me, it's no coincidence that Ritchie has grabbed 3 goals since January, 2 off which being match winners. He's just overall a good fit and as Rafa likes to say, he gives "control". His ability to receive and play the ball in tight areas is great for relieving pressure and helping us counter.

He's 22, he's Brazilian, he's unreal and most importantly Rafa sees potential in him.

He's 22, he's Brazilian, he's unreal.

Could've just posted that in response tbh.

Also came in from Chelsea's reserve team halfway through the season and was thrown straight in, and was able to perform so well.

Just imagine him being with us from the pre-season and having proper preparation. The kid could be sensational.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm all for keeping players in their natural position, but I wonder what he'd be like in that role Ben Arfa had for us, cutting in on his stronger left foot and getting shots in. I'm sure there'll be a reason he doesn't play there, or why it wouldn't work or whatever, but aside from unfamiliarity I can't see anything missing in his game that would stop him from playing there.

I think it is interesting that the big teams like Bayern are linking him for the left back position. That probably indicates what the big teams want from him and I am quite confident that if he goes to Bayern say for 30m as a left back, he is done.

He better not get carried away by the media hype.

:lol:

He scored 2, assisted 2, he's hit the bar, the post and won a pen. I'd argue he's got 3 assists going off that highlight video I posted. 2 from corners for Jamaal and Diame, and the 3rd for Ayo. I'm assuming one of the corners took a nick off somebody and couldn't be attributed to him.

Kenedy - 1030 mins  - 2 goals - 2 assists

Atsu - 1782 mins - 2 goals - 2 assists

Murphy - 1054 mins - 1 goal - 1 assist

Richtie - 2740 mins - 3 goals - 6 assists

Not only is Kenedy more efficient than Atsu and Murphy, he's created space and reduced our reliance to force play down the right wing. For me, it's no coincidence that Ritchie has grabbed 3 goals since January, 2 off which being match winners. He's just overall a good fit and as Rafa likes to say, he gives "control". His ability to receive and play the ball in tight areas is great for relieving pressure and helping us counter.

He's 22, he's Brazilian, he's unreal and most importantly Rafa sees potential in him.

:clap: The stats may not add up to much if you want to think about it that much but the reason I love him is that he gives teams something to think about, an extra outlet for us and more freedom for other players whilst opponents worry about him. How many games did we win on the back of sexual counter attacking play during game our run since the turn of the year? Why not in the first half of the season? I think he's been massive to that.

Shame he can't be involved in the last game. I hope he shows for the lap of honour because he deserves it.

Hopefully he's in the stands watching and his mind his made up for him. Play for the shite in blue, in a team lacking desire entirely, in front of some of the most boring fans in the country - or in black & white, in a team full of passion, work rate & commitment in front of some of the best fans in the country. Howay Robert son, get that transfer request in  O0