Kenedy

Scottish Mag

Genuinely  had no idea he was Brazilian ? Could  of sworn he was playing for the England  U21 squad lol anyways will Deffo bwith happy  with  him tbh 1st signing  of the season i actually  heard of (besides Atsu)

:pilko:

Guest firetotheworks

I keep thinking about it as a first name and it's making me feel uneasy. It's a bit of a weird Australian thing isn't it? Like naming a boy Kelly? Him being Brazilian is just adding a further twist to my melon.

I keep thinking about it as a first name and it's making me feel uneasy. It's a bit of a weird Australian thing isn't it? Like naming a boy Kelly? Him being Brazilian is just adding a further twist to my melon.

It's his middle name I think. Full name is Robert Kenedy Nunes Nascimento. But aye, Aussies loves a surname as first name action. It's because they're shit.

It'll be alright, mate.

It's his middle name I think. Full name is Robert Kenedy Nunes Nascimento. But aye, Aussies loves a surname as first name action. It's because they're s***.

It's like "Radamel Falcao García" I presume. So "Robert Kenedy" is his full given name.

It's his middle name I think. Full name is Robert Kenedy Nunes Nascimento. But aye, Aussies loves a surname as first name action. It's because they're s***.

It's like "Radamel Falcao García" I presume. So "Robert Kenedy" is his full given name.

Aye, said he's named after the old US prez on wiki.

Guest firetotheworks

If he signs he'll never play. That's my gut feeling on this one.

Same tbh.  Signed mostly fringe/squad players this summer when we needed players for the first team.

You reckon? I think he'll play, like. It's of no benefit to either club otherwise.

Douglas claiming they knew about the deal yesterday but chose not to publish as it might jeopardise the deal. They can never admit when they miss out, can they.  :lol:

I don't get the hate towards the Chronicle, hes very likely telling the truth.

Douglas claiming they knew about the deal yesterday but chose not to publish as it might jeopardise the deal. They can never admit when they miss out, can they.  :lol:

Aye coz posting the news of an impending signing for fans to discuss on social media will throw a spanner in a loan deal. Sound logic.

Aye coz posting the news of an impending signing for fans to discuss on social media will throw a spanner in a loan deal. Sound logic.

It can do. I remember a story of a fake Liverpool ITK posting a made up transfer story and he got contacted by some senior liverpool exec because it caused problems with the deal (which turned out to be real) and cost them a few extra mill to get the deal done or something.

edit: link to the story https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/oct/30/liverpool-apology-spoof-journalist

I said to someone yesterday that I already know of the stuff the Chronicle print before it's printed. They are so off on everything. You guys only see it on transfers, but it's much worse than that. On SSC we have some very good investigative members, basically people who will keep up to date with planning applications, and be in contact with other parties. As such we often end up breaking news of what's going on in Newcastle, from new proposed buildings, to shops and restaurants opening/closing and everything in between. A couple of years back we got suspicious of how once we reported it, it would then end up in the Chronicle, we even deliberately delayed publicly broadcasting information to make sure they were getting their information from us. In the end one of our leading members got in touch with them, told them to either start giving us credit on the stories, or to stop it. We needed up with them printing an article about our website, complete with an interview with one of our leading members where he was saying what we are about etc.

It's common practice for sources within football clubs to request journalists to delay reporting something. It is plausible that they knew about it, but were told not to report it until now.

Also with the Mirror being from the same company, obviously they'd have known about it :lol: Probably told by head office to not report it and allow the Mirror to take the credit for breaking it.