Huddersfield Town vs. Newcastle United - 20/08/17 @ 1.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

:lol: Kaka is mental.

:lol:

Why are you people so excitable?

Go and watch the training video. That is the team that was wearing bibs.

That was all I was pointing out as ujpest doza had referred to the bibs in the post of his I quoted.

My goodness ... you lot are so overboard. You guys need to center your chi and practice being more reasoned and calm like me.

Wow there are some doom mongers on here, bet yous hate Fridays and BBQs  :lol:

Huddersfield had it easy last week, there's no way we'll be as much of a walkover as Palace were and despite us having a poor transfer window, we've still got better players than them.  The atmosphere for their first Premier League game will be bouncing but that could work for or against them.  If we want to stay up reasonably comfortably then we need to be taking points from games like this, i'd be very surprised and dissapointed if we lost it.

:lol: Kaka is mental.

:lol:

Why are you people so excitable?

Go and watch the training video. That is the team that was wearing bibs.

That was all I was pointing out as ujpest doza had referred to the bibs in the post of his I quoted.

My goodness ... you lot are so overboard. You guys need to center your chi and practice being more reasoned and calm like me.

Vote Kaka.

Fearing the worst here. Our defence is so poor.

What's this based on? it certainly isn't the performance level since Rafa's been in charge. There's a lot of things to fear with this squad but i really don't think the defence under Benitez, we are hard to break down and extremely well organised.

One of the best teams in the league was offering f*** all, until Voldemort decided he wanted to stamp on a player in front of the ref. I really wouldn't worry about the defence tbh, although i would worry about creating chances and relying heavily on Atsu to create something by himself.

Thats a fair point. I would agree that we obviously look far more organised, however I feel that on paper our back four isn't the best this week. Three of the back four this weekend wont be first choice.  I can see the likes of Lascelles and Mbemba being found out way more at this level. Add that to the fact that we dont have a proper left back and Manquillo looked massively suspect defensively based off last week. It hardly leaves you brimming with confidence imo.

Fearing the worst here. Our defence is so poor.

What's this based on? it certainly isn't the performance level since Rafa's been in charge. There's a lot of things to fear with this squad but i really don't think the defence under Benitez, we are hard to break down and extremely well organised.

One of the best teams in the league was offering f*** all, until Voldemort decided he wanted to stamp on a player in front of the ref. I really wouldn't worry about the defence tbh, although i would worry about creating chances and relying heavily on Atsu to create something by himself.

Thats a fair point. I would agree that we obviously look far more organised, however I feel that on paper our back four isn't the best this week. Three of the back four this weekend wont be first choice.  I can see the likes of Lascelles and Mbemba being found out way more at this level. Add that to the fact that we dont have a proper left back and Manquillo looked massively suspect defensively based off last week. It hardly leaves you brimming with confidence imo.

On paper i agree, but i would argue that on paper a lot of Rafa's decisions don't really look great :lol: But they end up working out because he's fucking awesome.

We made their old keeper look a right tit in the fixture last season. Worse than anything Darlow managed all season.

I hope we can do it to the new one this time.  ;D

Won't be playing.

Hopefully we can hit them on the counter when they get too excited. We looked good on the counter with lots of pace against Spurs.

Don't think we created a meaningful chance all game, when/how did we look dangerous on the counter?

We made their old keeper look a right tit in the fixture last season. Worse than anything Darlow managed all season.

I hope we can do it to the new one this time.  ;D

Won't be playing.

err... "old keeper".... "new keeper". That result and how we got it last year was well enjoyable. It's shaping like Huddersfield might be media darlings again this time.

Re. counters, we had a 3 on 2 in the first half against Spurs but completely buggered it up. That quick free kick wasn't far off getting us something, so I thought we were in it and doing okay until the sending off.

Think it's imperative we keep it tight for the first 20-30 minutes, just to quieten down the crowd a bit and halt their momentum they'll have coming into this.

Reckon if it's level at half time we'd then have a good chance of getting the win.

Think it's imperative we keep it tight for the first 20-30 minutes, just to quieten down the crowd a bit and halt their momentum they'll have coming into this.

Reckon if it's level at half time we'd then have a good chance of getting the win.

Hopefully we get another iffy penalty in the first 10 minutes like last season. The 2 goals in the first half last season shut the crowd right up, hopefully we can have a similar start again this time round. Especially as they'll probably bring those horrid clapper things out. :anguish:

:thup:

Elliott

Manquillo Lascelles Mbemba Clark

Hayden Merino

Ritchie            Murphy          Atsu

Gayle