Huddersfield Town vs. Newcastle United - 20/08/17 @ 1.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Post from the tickets and travel forum that might be of help for anyone going down tomorrow:

Hi,

I'm a Town fan. Just a heads up, the main road into the stadium from the motorway (Leeds road) will have/has road works on it so it is down to a single lane rather than duelled.  This will lead to quite a delay approaching the stadium due to the amount of traffic. I'd highly recommend adding 30 mins to your journey.

Tbh, Pardew and Schteve made me not expect a win till around 8 games in. Anyway. They might have a flash new striker but the midfield and defence isnt much different to what we beat earlier this year. All football games are difficult but there's no reason to act like we've already lost it.

I don't think it'll be pretty but I think we'll win today. I'd also be surprised if he'd start Merino because we'll likely entirely bypass the midfield with Huddersfield's radge pressing game. Loads of long balls and scrat a craft 0-1 win from a set piece.

I don't think it'll be pretty but I think we'll win today. I'd also be surprised if he'd start Merino because we'll likely entirely bypass the midfield with Huddersfield's radge pressing game. Loads of long balls and scrat a craft 0-1 win from a set piece.

Who else would we play in midfield alongside Hayden like? Colback? Diame?

Guest neesy111

Could possibly see De Jong start if Hayden and Merino are the midfield 2 to give a bit of an experienced head with them

De Jong didn't even make the bench last weekend.  Unless he's had an incredible week of training, then why would he jump from not being in the 18 to starting?

Who else would we play in midfield alongside Hayden like? Colback? Diame?

Diame played a lot deeper in pre-season so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. Hope I'm wrong.

Could possibly see De Jong start if Hayden and Merino are the midfield 2 to give a bit of an experienced head with them

De Jong didn't even make the bench last weekend.  Unless he's had an incredible week of training, then why would he jump from not being in the 18 to starting?

Horses for courses?

Pretty sure we saw a few lineups last season where someone (ok usually Mitro or Murphy) would go from out the squad to first 11