Huddersfield Town vs. Newcastle United - 20/08/17 @ 1.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

The main issue may be their new striker bringing bigger threat than when we played them. Definitely shouldn't be stupid like Palace and allow them tons of room for the high press. Keep tight at back, spread play and get pace in behind. I'd definitely want Murphy and Atsu on the wings for this one.

Hate to suggest it because I really like him but I feel Ritchie might need to be dropped.

After one game?

Just feel we need more pace out wide. Atsu's pace was our biggest threat today, and we lacked it down the right

Merino  Hayden

Murphy      Ritchie          Atsu

Gayle

Worth a go? Ritchie likes a shot and can't really be worse than Perez in the No. 10 role.

Wouldn't be surprised to see SDJ on the bench though. This would be a great match for him.

Guest neesy111

Crystal palace looked poor and totally unprepared for Huddersfield's press. We should know what's coming better, I do fear though their new striker may have improved them

He looked good from the 40 minutes I saw from their match yesterday.

Indeed, and indeed if he is good begs the question with all our french links why we weren't in for him. Looked the kind of mobile fast forward Rafa likes. Prolly good reason why not I guess and may well turn out shit though.

Crystal palace looked poor and totally unprepared for Huddersfield's press. We should know what's coming better, I do fear though their new striker may have improved them

He looked good from the 40 minutes I saw from their match yesterday.

I watched most of the game, he was excellent, messed up a one v one opportunity but other than that was a constant threat, big strong and direct, very English like in his play, he'll score plenty this season, considering all the effort we put into that french market, not sure why we weren't in for him.

Hate to suggest it because I really like him but I feel Ritchie might need to be dropped.

After one game?

Just feel we need more pace out wide. Atsu's pace was our biggest threat today, and we lacked it down the right

Merino  Hayden

Murphy      Ritchie          Atsu

Gayle

Worth a go? Ritchie likes a shot and can't really be worse than Perez in the No. 10 role.

Wouldn't be surprised to see SDJ on the bench though. This would be a great match for him.

I'd trot de Jong out at as the #10. Get him 50 minutes or so before he shatters his fibula and contracts TB.

Josalu - I was so pleased, when you won the ball

Josalu - Promise to love you when you go and score

Josalu - Couldn't be happier if I wanted to

Josalu - Knowing a goal is to be with you

Josalu - Finally singing my Josalu

Woah woah woah Josalu - Finally singing my Josalu

Elliot

Manquillo Mbemba Lascelles Clark

Ritchie Merino Hayden Atsu

De Jong

Gayle

1-1 draw.

De Jong is getting nowhere near our team. He wasn't even on the bench yesterday and Rafa would play Diame as a number 10 again before SDJ if it got to that desperation stage IMO.

Their football was really good last season as well tbf, what they were lacking was a cutting edge. If he's given them that, we are in for a difficult afternoon.