Huddersfield Town vs. Newcastle United - 20/08/17 @ 1.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Josalu - I was so pleased, when you won the ball

Josalu - Promise to love you when you go and score

Josalu - Couldn't be happier if I wanted to

Josalu - Knowing a goal is to be with you

Josalu - Finally singing my Josalu

Woah woah woah Josalu - Finally singing my Josalu

Didnt know we were signing Josalu as well as Joselu

Don't think Ritchie has enough speed for a winger in the premier league. Would like to see Atsu on the right and either Aarons or Murphy on the left. As for no.10 I'd go for Ritchie or de Jong cause I think they would get hold of the ball and put Gayle and the wingers in to play.

Really hope (and think) Merino will take his chance now when Shelvey will be out for a few games. Merino and Hayden could be a very good pairing I think, with Hayden the more defisive and ballwining (think David Batty) and Merino the creative one (think Rob Lee).

Defence is a bit trickier now with the injuries. Asuming Lejeune, Dummett and Yedlin are out I'd put Clark and Lascelles in the middle. Manquillo looked good on the right and would like to keep him there. The problem is left side (if we dont get Kenedy or someone else in). Either we just play Haidara or I can see two other options: a; Mbemba right and Manquillo left. b; Clark left and Mbemba in the middle.

Elliott in goal of course. Think he looked solid yesterday and think he is the no.1 at least untill januari if we dont get Reina(which I dont think we will). Would be ok with that.

That's my opinions if anyone cares. 🙄

Don't think Ritchie has enough speed for a winger in the premier league. Would like to see Atsu on the right and either Aarons or Murphy on the left. As for no.10 I'd go for Ritchie or de Jong cause I think they would get hold of the ball and put Gayle and the wingers in to play.

Really hope (and think) Merino will take his chance now when Shelvey will be out for a few games. Merino and Hayden could be a very good pairing I think, with Hayden the more defisive and ballwining (think David Batty) and Merino the creative one (think Rob Lee).

Defence is a bit trickier now with the injuries. Asuming Lejeune, Dummett and Yedlin are out I'd put Clark and Lascelles in the middle. Manquillo looked good on the right and would like to keep him there. The problem is left side (if we dont get Kenedy or someone else in). Either we just play Haidara or I can see two other options: a; Mbemba right and Manquillo left. b; Clark left and Mbemba in the middle.

Elliott in goal of course. Think he looked solid yesterday and think he is the no.1 at least untill januari if we dont get Reina(which I dont think we will). Would be ok with that.

Not sure I care (no offence) but enjoyed the read :thup: and agree with your points. Also dawned on me, week 1 shit loads of difficulties signing players and three first choice defenders crocked!  :kasper:

Not sure I care (no offence) but enjoyed the read :thup: and agree with your points. Also dawned on me, week 1 s*** loads of difficulties signing players and three first choice defenders crocked!  :kasper:

😄😄 🖒

Don't like the idea of using Clark at LB again and would like to see Ritchie used through the middle.  Uddersfield's new striker looks quite handy in the air so i think i'd give Lascelles the nod over Mbemba for this one.

Elliott

Manquillo.  Lascelles.    Clark.    Haidara/Gamez

Hayden.    Merino.

Murphy.                Ritchie.                Atsu

Gayle.

It'll be either Haidara or Gamez at full back. Rafa's unlikely to play someone out of position if he doesn't have to and Clark's too important in the middle.

Mbemba CB & Clark LB >>> Clark CB & Haidara LB

Aye, plus Mbemba and Clark both played fullback in pre season. It's quite obvious until further notice Rafa trusts them both more than any LB we have apart from Dummett.

I read through this thread specifically to see if anyone was going to say "must win"

Every game early season is a must win. Need to get as many points on the board asap. I am not saying I expect us to win every game, but we should be giving our all to get as many points as possible. Posititve, eager attitude, why not.

Even with the injuries, I doubt our defence will be as generous as Palace were on Saturday.

I'd play the same team that finished the Spurs game, with Merino in for Shelvey. Maybe De Jong in if Merino plays through #10 more.

Just whack Ritchie in the middle. Or De Jong.

Thing with Ritchie, we all know how he likes to cut in from the right and try a few shots. But if he was to start in a central position, drifting as the wide players bring it out of defence, he will still receive the ball in a wide-ish area, but hopefully will have less to do in order to try something.