Newcastle United 3 - 0 West Ham United - 26/08/17 (post match reaction from p22)

Greg

Love this result because Bilic was running his mouth leading up to the game with some really patronising comments about us.

Eeejit.

What he say?

“They (Newcastle fans/Rafa Benitez) are not happy with the transfers but they spent more money than we have spent in this transfer window, if we are talking about net money.

“Okay, they maybe needed more to improve because they came up from the Championship.

“It is a big club, they were all buzzing.

“Newcastle won the league (Championship) and it was ‘now we are going to rule the world’, or whatever.

“Maybe they tried…I think they tried.

“What I think happened is that they tried but maybe they were unable to get those targets that they wanted. Like we did last year, for example.

“Maybe they were thinking too big and those players, they didn’t want to come.

“However, I don’t feel that they are not an ambitious club, Newcastle, with Rafa Benitez, who basically lifted them up.

“I feel we need someone to boost our team and quality. That’s why we also offloaded some players to get the budget for him, or for another player in that position.

“They are not easy to get but we are doing our best and hopefully we will do it.”

Love this result because Bilic was running his mouth leading up to the game with some really patronising comments about us.

Eeejit.

What he say?

“They (Newcastle fans/Rafa Benitez) are not happy with the transfers but they spent more money than we have spent in this transfer window, if we are talking about net money.

“Okay, they maybe needed more to improve because they came up from the Championship.

“It is a big club, they were all buzzing.

“Newcastle won the league (Championship) and it was ‘now we are going to rule the world’, or whatever.

“Maybe they tried…I think they tried.

“What I think happened is that they tried but maybe they were unable to get those targets that they wanted. Like we did last year, for example.

“Maybe they were thinking too big and those players, they didn’t want to come.

“However, I don’t feel that they are not an ambitious club, Newcastle, with Rafa Benitez, who basically lifted them up.

“I feel we need someone to boost our team and quality. That’s why we also offloaded some players to get the budget for him, or for another player in that position.

“They are not easy to get but we are doing our best and hopefully we will do it.”

Ta. Suck it, Bilic!

Yes Rafa!

Clark was excellent. As was Merino. Joselu too.

How many fucking shots did we have? Must be more than 20 easily. Some great passing and movement and counter attacking stuff too. But Rafa plays boring football of course  :lol:

Get in!

Yes Rafa!

Clark was excellent. As was Merino. Joselu too.

How many fucking shots did we have? Must be more than 20 easily. Some great passing and movement and counter attacking stuff too. But Rafa plays boring football of course  :lol:

Get in!

Oh West Ham were worse than fucking shite too  :lol:

How did Lascelles play?  I know he gets a lot of criticism but i think it's important he plays well this season.

He is untested except for their corner which he defended well.