Swansea City vs. Newcastle United - 10/09/17 @ 4pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

While I'm at it, I'd also want the plane I'm on to crash if I was sat next to someone I didn't like. You know, sod the rest of the passengers and how they might feel somewhat attached to their will to live, and hope of arriving safely at the Airport. No, I don't like the bellend to me, so I'm going to sit here and hope that this f***er crashes.

I hope you can see how absurd and childish this is.

What the hell are you on about?

This period now with Rafa is Mike Ashley's last chance or else what is the point of NUFC? If Rafa walks and some idiot akin to Pardew or Kinnear is appointed then it is a perfectly reasonable thing to want the club to nose dive to aid in the processes of finding a new buyer and getting rid of Mike Ashley. People want a club they can be proud of and identify with, for many we have that now to a degree only due to Rafa Benitez, for many we still don't after years of existing for the sole purpose of advertising Sports Direct to a global audience. The only way to get rid of him will be to take that away and make his ownership not worthwhile and the ridiculous asking price to drop.  Short term pain for the long term benefit of NUFC, even if that takes 5 years or so.

My comment was hyperbole in fairness. The truth is I just wouldn't be an active NUFC fan any more, until Ashley was gone. In the scenario where Rafa goes, so does the main thing keeping the club operating like a proper football club - leaving me with a shell that I wouldn't feel right supporting.

If we crashed and burned I'd admittedly enjoy Ashley being proven wrong yet again, regardless of whether or not our chances of being sold increased.

Apologies if that offends the most precious ones amongst us.

How is it fantasist bullshit? I mean if you'd read the post you'd have noticed I never made any absolute statements. That would have been daft as I'm not a fucking oracle.

Statistically I think it's fair enough to assume we'd be better off in the longrun (if rafa were to walk) if we get relegated this season and stay down until Mike leaves. Statistically I also think it;s fair enough to assume that if we stay up and mike remains that we'll be relegated anyway within 5 years.

You're not 'part of the problem' because you don't want us to lose, nobody would say that ffs.

How is it fantasist bullshit? I mean if you'd read the post you'd have noticed I never made any absolute statements. That would have been daft as I'm not a f***ing oracle.

Statistically I think it's fair enough to assume we'd be better off in the longrun - if rafa were to walk - if we get relegated this season and stay down until Mike leaves. Statistically I also think it;s fair enough to assume that if we stay up and mike remains that we'll be relegated anyway within 5 years.

You're not 'part of the problem' because you don't want us to lose, nobody would say that ffs.

Fair enough. I guess its just been so long I cant actually see anyone ever wanting to buy this club and its just a case of holding on until Ashley's in a position where he cant have a say in running it.

While I'm at it, I'd also want the plane I'm on to crash if I was sat next to someone I didn't like. You know, sod the rest of the passengers and how they might feel somewhat attached to their will to live, and hope of arriving safely at the Airport. No, I don't like the bellend to me, so I'm going to sit here and hope that this f***er crashes.

This period now with Rafa is Mike Ashley's last chance or else what is the point of NUFC? If Rafa walks and some idiot akin to Pardew or Kinnear is appointed then it is a perfectly reasonable thing to want the club to nose dive to aid in the processes of finding a new buyer and getting rid of Mike Ashley. People want a club they can be proud of and identify with, for many we have that now to a degree only due to Rafa Benitez, for many we still don't after years of existing for the sole purpose of advertising Sports Direct to a global audience. The only way to get rid of him will be to take that away and make his ownership not worthwhile and the ridiculous asking price to drop.  Short term pain for the long term benefit of NUFC, even if that takes 5 years or so.

It's petulant and 'precious' as Yorkie might want to call it. And sadly that's the place some are in because of Mike Ashley, and that's the real issue here. Rather than hope success despite of Ashley, they'd be happy for Newcastle to be relegated to teach Ashley a lesson of some sort. Madness.

It's petulant and 'precious' as Yorkie might want to call it. And sadly that's the place some are in because of Mike Ashley, and that's the real issue here. Rather than hope success despite of Ashley, they'd be happy for Newcastle to be relegated to teach Ashley a lesson of some sort. Madness.

It's not to teach him a lesson, it's to drive him out of the club. But it would take a lot more than just a relegation, it would need sustained damage to the point where it is not worth him owning the club (free advertising for Sports Direct) and he lowers his asking price to a realistic price.

You've just completely ignored all logic from the opposing argument and turned it into "we want to spite Mike Ashley" because of a throwaway comment Yorkie made. I'm nor sure what I'd want tbh but the overarching point is to drop to rebuild. Not to drop so we can laugh at Ashley losing money.

It's not to teach him a lesson, it's to drive him out of the club. But it would take a lot more than just a relegation, it would need sustained damage to the point where it is not worth him owning the club (free advertising for Sports Direct) and he lowers his asking price to a realistic price.

And that's madness; risking the club's future in hopes he'd leave.

You've just completely ignored all logic from the opposing argument and turned it into "we want to spite Mike Ashley" because of a throwaway comment Yorkie made. I'm nor sure what I'd want tbh but the overarching point is to drop to rebuild. Not to drop so we can laugh at Ashley losing money.

If I've ignored all logic, it's probably because it's bad logic. Most of Yorkie's comments are throwaway, however. I'll agree with that.

I wouldn't want him to have a 'lesson taught'; it's nothing as profound as that. I'd just want him to suffer and fail, whilst -

in the meantime - no longer supporting NUFC myself. And that wouldn't be out of some 'childish' faux-militancy, I just couldn't because, for me, NUFC wouldn't exist any more. That's what it was like under Pardew and Carver, a zombie club, not a real one. Rafa defines the line between the two entities for me.

We don't have a future while Mike Ashley is here.

More chance of a future in the Premier League than rolling around in Championship or below with a 52,000 seat stadium hanging around our neck. Regardless of well supported we've been in the Championship the one season we've stayed there each time there comes a point where the attendance figures would drop.

It's madness to think we're not risking the clubs future in any case. He's been here a decade and completely failed at every turn. In another 10 years there's nothing to suggest we'll be any better. You cannot act as though the route we're currently on doesn't realistically have a really shitty ending - I'd say it's probable if Rafa goes.

That's where the opinion of us being better off staying down until he goes comes from. It's a risk aye but potentially a necessary one. Even if you disagree I cannot see how you're struggling so much to grasp why anyone would think it's a better option.

More chance of a future in the Premier League than rolling around in Championship or below with a 52,000 seat stadium hanging around our neck. Regardless of well supported we've been in the Championship the one season we've stayed there each time there comes a point where the attendance figures would drop.

I think that's a tough one tbh. It's difficult to judge how desirable we are to a potential purchaser, when his asking price is as unrealistically high as its alleged to be. You'd probably expect the demand to be higher for a PL club than a Championship one, but it's not as if second-tier clubs haven't been purchased.

I think that's a tough one tbh. It's difficult to judge how desirable we are to a potential purchaser, when his asking price is as unrealistically high as its alleged to be. You'd probably expect the demand to be higher for a PL club than a Championship one, but it's not as if second-tier clubs haven't been purchased.

That's the thing for me. While I can sort of see why people would want the club to be relegated to rid us of Ashley due to the less exposure for SD and loss of the TV revenue et al, but an NUFC in the PL would garner more interest for buyers than an NUFC in the Championship, imo. I want Ashley out as much as anyone on here but I just couldn't get myself to the stage where I hope the club loses games and goes down, to me it's nauseous.

Have the last two relegations not been enough evidence for people that relegation will not rid us of Ashley? :lol:

Makes us even less attractive for any perspective buyers as Ashley would still demand a ridiculous fee, which would be even more ridiculous for a Championship team.

It's not about just a relegation, I think most acknowledge it would take a hell of a lot more than that. It's about taking it to a point where it's not worth his while owning the club and him coming to a position where he will sell for a reasonable price.

For many, this period now with Rafa is his last chance.

Have the last two relegations not been enough evidence for people that relegation will not rid us of Ashley? :lol:

Makes us even less attractive for any perspective buyers as Ashley would still demand a ridiculous fee, which would be even more ridiculous for a Championship team.

Could be right. If relegation and failure is the way to get Ashley out, theoretically you'd have to wish for enduring failure - beyond relegation from the PL - until he gives up on us ever getting back there. If we're rolling around in the lower reaches of the Championship or League 1, he might lower the asking price. I don't have the energy for that, like*. :laugh:

*although, saying that, it's probably where I would've been, had Rafa not miraculously stayed with us 12 or so months ago.

That's the thing for me. While I can sort of see why people would want the club to be relegated to rid us of Ashley due to the less exposure for SD and loss of the TV revenue et al, but an NUFC in the PL would garner more interest for buyers than an NUFC in the Championship, imo. I want Ashley out as much as anyone on here but I just couldn't get myself to the stage where I hope the club loses games and goes down, to me it's nauseous.

Not when there isn't a willing seller at a reasonable price. I.e. now, because of the free global exposure for Sports Direct.

There are people out there willing to buy the club, but not at the ridiculous price that Ashley wants.

Let's not forget the work that would be required off the field as well, under Mike Ashley there hasn't been any investment at all beyond the absolute bare minimum in the training ground, academy and SJP etc.

and I'm out.  :lol: You must all be amazing poker players, that's all I'm saying.

You've done absolutely nothing to convince anyone that you've made any sense mind. Made a few weird metaphors and completely misunderstood Yorkie's point. So fair play, we'll see you at the next one.

We came straight back up both times and the mood was great last time because of Rafa. The less capable we look of coming up and the more investment needed to do so would make a sale more likely though I would imagine. Maybe not.

I'm not even saying I want it to happen like, it would be horrible, but in 10 years time I can realistically see us all wishing it had happened. Just like looking back to 2010 now I wish we hadn't come straight back up*.

*Rafa being here sort of suppresses that though.

You mean those 2 times when we won immediate promotion back to the Premier League?

It's all about NUFC being useless to Sport Direct and I believe that a prolonged period in the Championship, and certainly in Leagues 1 or 2, would mean that.

It's not about just a relegation, I think most acknowledge it would take a hell of a lot more than that. It's about taking it to a point where it's not worth his while owning the club and him coming to a position where he will sell for a reasonable price.

Where is that point though, League One? League Two? The Conference?

Venky's still in charge at Blackburn, Oyston's still in charge at Blackpool, crazy Italian(?) chap still in charge at Leyton Orient. These shithouse owners are willing to let clubs mill around in the lower leagues, they couldn't give a fuck. Ashley is exactly the same. He'd be happy to keep hold of us in League Two, in an attempt to try and get us back up to the PL so that he could recoup his money. He wouldn't think "oh no, I better sell Newcastle now for a 90% loss". He's a greedy cunt and he'd rather risk us going bust than sell us for a price lower than he wants.

Our best chance of getting rid of Ashley is by being in and around the PL, where all of the money and all of the media attention is and where Ashley's valuation of us is not totally ridiculous.

and I'm out.  :lol: You must all be amazing poker players, that's all I'm saying.

You've done absolutely nothing to convince anyone that you've made any sense mind. Made a few weird metaphors and completely misunderstood Yorkies's point. So fair play, we'll see you at the next one.

It's okay, a sassy post in Forum Services And Updates will get us telt!

Where is that point though, League One? League Two? The Conference?

Venky's still in charge at Blackburn, Oyston's still in charge at Blackpool, crazy Italian(?) chap still in charge at Leyton Orient. These shithouse owners are willing to let clubs mill around in the lower leagues, they couldn't give a fuck. Ashley is exactly the same. He'd be happy to keep hold of us in League Two, in an attempt to try and get us back up to the PL so that he could recoup his money. He wouldn't think "oh no, I better sell Newcastle now for a 90% loss". He's a greedy cunt and he'd rather risk us going bust than sell us for a price lower than he wants.

Our best chance of getting rid of Ashley is by being in and around the PL, where all of the money and all of the media attention is and where Ashley's valuation of us is not totally ridiculous.

This has demonstrably proven to be incorrect though. And surely the money/media attention is precisely why he want's to keep us in the PL, as it benefits him?

It has, because Ashley hasn't been willing to sell. Although, if we're doing well and some investors come in with a huge price (for a successful PL club) - he probably would be willing to sell. That has never been tested, because we've never been a successful PL club under his reign. His price previously has been way over the top, however, it's starting to get a bit more realistic with all of the money floating around the PL.