Other clubs' transfers

Greg

22 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Lands at AC Milan on loan. Treat him well, @Milanista

Our backup RB got hurt and will be out for two months, which in a normal season would be survivable, but with the CL and the insanely tight schedule, we needed someone.

Our backup LB (Ballo-Toure)... he... "lacks confidence." Is the nice way to put it. Florenzi has played as a backup LB, not just RB, and he's a hell of a player, even playing at RW for us.

Our captain, who is from our academy, and a hometown kid, is Davide Calabria. He's our poor man's Lahm, I don't think he'll ever be world-class, unlike other players in our squad, but he's a top RB in Italy, and he's a great kid.

My great hope for Dest is that he will solve our RW problems, especially as Dest's problem seems to be that he's not a good defender. Our RW options are poor, and it seems we use a similar move to Real by using what amounts to a RWB as our RW, which Real use with Valverde--so my hope (and many others) is that Dest can provide that, as our current RWB-slash-RW is Belgian international Alexis Saelemaekers. He should go to a team with wing-backs, he'll be a good option, but as our RW? All tekkers, no end-product.

Newcastle looks increasingly impressive every time I take the time to watch you guys. Howe might be the best English manager, it's gotta be between him and Potter at Brighton. Isak is a hell of a player, I thought he was expensive, but he looked deadly against Liverpool.

39 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Fined FFS. Doesn’t really matter at all unless they sanction clubs on the pitch (squad/transfer restrictions, points deductions, removal from competitions etc).

Its like putting a parking ticket on an illegally parked Ferrari, they do it because the fine means fuck all and know you arent going to tow/crush it

10 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Its like putting a parking ticket on an illegally parked Ferrari, they do it because the fine means fuck all and know you arent going to tow/crush it

We have the most expensive car in town, so why should we be arsed? Park where we want imo.

Man, I think Tuchel and Boehly have done a poor job with Chelsea.

Tuchel deserves way more pressure than he gets. He complains and cries like he hasn't spent insane amounts of money. He shits on his own players, and then when he needs to rely on some of these guys, because of injuries or whatever, he wonders why they play badly?

How do you make Koulibaly look above-average in defense? He's one of the best CBs in the world. Defensive strength is supposed to be Tuchel's saving grace, and he can't even do that right?

Chelsea tried to buy Milan's star LW, Rafa Leao. In the last few days of the window? 80m + Pulisic? Lol. You just paid 71m (euros) for Cucurella, an above-average RWB, while Leao was the best player in Serie A last year and the only LW in his age bracket better than him is Vini Jr.

Tuchel is a fraud, I have no idea why he gets so much leeway. He doesn't take responsibility for anything and blames his players. Lukaku is a striker who I don't like, as a person, he's a weird guy, but Tuchel wanted a striker and ruined him. He called Conte, Lukaku's "daddy" and Lord knows what else, and doesn't play the guy in a way that gets the best out of him? If Lukaku was at Spurs with Conte, people would be amazed by him.

I hope Newcastle takes Chelsea's CL spot. I don't think top 4 is unrealistic, it'll be tough, because Spurs will grind out wins, and I think Newcastle needs to learn how to do that, which will come with time, experience, etc. So many next year? It would probably be better to deal with the EL first, but I think top 6 is not an unrealistic position for Newcastle this year, not at all.

43 minutes ago, Milanista said:

Tuchel deserves way more pressure than he gets. He complains and cries like he hasn't spent insane amounts of money. He shits on his own players, and then when he needs to rely on some of these guys, because of injuries or whatever, he wonders why they play badly?

How do you make Koulibaly look above-average in defense? He's one of the best CBs in the world. Defensive strength is supposed to be Tuchel's saving grace, and he can't even do that right?

Chelsea tried to buy Milan's star LW, Rafa Leao. In the last few days of the window? 80m + Pulisic? Lol. You just paid 71m (euros) for Cucurella, an above-average RWB, while Leao was the best player in Serie A last year and the only LW in his age bracket better than him is Vini Jr.

Tuchel is a fraud, I have no idea why he gets so much leeway. He doesn't take responsibility for anything and blames his players. Lukaku is a striker who I don't like, as a person, he's a weird guy, but Tuchel wanted a striker and ruined him. He called Conte, Lukaku's "daddy" and Lord knows what else, and doesn't play the guy in a way that gets the best out of him? If Lukaku was at Spurs with Conte, people would be amazed by him.

I hope Newcastle takes Chelsea's CL spot. I don't think top 4 is unrealistic, it'll be tough, because Spurs will grind out wins, and I think Newcastle needs to learn how to do that, which will come with time, experience, etc. So many next year? It would probably be better to deal with the EL first, but I think top 6 is not an unrealistic position for Newcastle this year, not at all.

It’s always nice to have fans of other clubs wish you well— a CL spot would be nice.  But I want make it clear that I liked your post because I agree with your assessment of Tuchel.  Maybe not as forcibly. I agree that Tuchel is something of a fraud.  The pressure is coming.

11 hours ago, Milanista said:

You're a nutcase. 

They’re the original dickheads of the league, oligarch comes in and transforms them by literally having a blank chequebook due to a life of corruption. They’ve been run in the worst possible fashion with no thought whatsoever about sustainability and Boehly has come in to pick up the torch. Good thing VAR have them the points though today, wouldn’t want all that money to have gone to waste