Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Liverpool have regressed this season, but are still very attractive to 90% of top players. Image rights for their players will be huge.

To be competitive next year, Liverpool need two new midfielders, to somehow regain stability at CB, and to sort the TAA problem out, probably with a good new RB. We went from nineteenth to fourth, and Villa have done something similar, so lots can be done in a short time. The main concern for Liverpool is them going from second to eleventh in expected goals against. Without heroics from Alisson, they would have been nowhere near Top 4. Even with them, they still conceded the same number of actual goals as (hapless, bottom half) Chelsea.

30 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Nunez wasn't a good buy, but Gakpo has been a much better fit, and I think that shows in their results.

I have an annoying feeling Nunez will do really well next season. 15 goals and had 4 assists in 42 appearances this season considering what the expectations were isn't great, but it's not awful either just by looking at the numbers. A small improvement in his composure/finishing and he doubles his goal tally easily.

13 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I have an annoying feeling Nunez will do really well next season. 15 goals and had 4 assists in 42 appearances this season considering what the expectations were isn't great, but it's not awful either just by looking at the numbers. A small improvement in his composure/finishing and he doubles his goal tally easily.

He's going to be a monster. I think this season was an anomaly. No way he misses all those chances again.

10 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Maybe, but finishing is only a part of what's expected of a striker now. He's strong and fast, but a bit limited technically, it seems to me. That shows in his erratic finishing and in his poor link up play. 

Talk of Benzema to Saudi. Would Real go for Kane in that circumstance? Or would they look elsewhere?

Spurs will be keen for Kane not to end up at Man Utd so I imagine they’d be happy sellers.

1 minute ago, WilliamPS said:

Talk of Benzema to Saudi. Would Real go for Kane in that circumstance? Or would they look elsewhere?

Spurs will be keen for Kane not to end up at Man Utd so I imagine they’d be happy sellers.

Kane won't go abroad until he beats Shearer's record.

Is he really going to turn down Real Madrid just for that? It'll be 2 years at least before he gets the record by which time Real Madrid will have moved on. May as well just stay at Spurs if it's about the record. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Just now, Froggy said:

Kane won't go abroad until he beats Shearer's record.

A couple of years at Real Madrid, some La Liga titles & Champions League runs then to back to here to lead Eddie's charge on the Premier League & break Shearer's record at 33. Easy.

Just now, WilliamPS said:

Drum up a nice auction between Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. One needs to potentially replace Benzema and the other definitely needs to belatedly replace Lewandowski. Can’t be going into a season chasing the treble with Chupo-Moting, Mane, Gnabry and a 34 year old Muller as your strike force.

2 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Like I said probably not this summer, but you're telling me that this early into our 'project', if Liverpool were really serious about taking Botman as a long term VVD replacement, Botman wouldn't be extremely tempted?

Let's not get too carried away based on the back of one fantastic season for us and one down season for them. Liverpool are one of football's giants and it'll take consistent Champions League qualification and challenging for honours before that changes - and I say this as someone who fucking hates them more than any other team. This isn't a dig at NUFC or our owners, it's just the way that it is for now.

Not to say it won't change, though. And to reiterate - I'm not worried about them taking one of our or anything like that, certainly not this summer. Just that they're still a huge draw for players, at or away from NUFC.

No, I don't believe that any player that is already in house and that is a part of where we are going will be pushing to go to Liverpool, no chance.

On top of that Liverpool would not be able to afford what we would ask for any of our better players.

Ashley Young released.

I am really surprised, he's been excellent since he came back to us, incredible for a (nearly) 38 year old.

Hope he gets a decent contract.

Edited by brummie

7 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Mad that they signed Lazio's first choice keeper last summer to sit on the bench, bloody Brentford. :lol:

TIL Strakosha is at Brentford 

9 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Mad that they signed Lazio's first choice keeper last summer to sit on the bench, bloody Brentford. :lol:

Barely made the bench this year too 

I used to really like Barcelona, but now I kind of want them to go bust.

Sources told ESPN in April that Al Hilal -- city rivals of Cristiano Ronaldo's Al Nassr -- had tabled a lucrative deal to sign the Argentine superstar, and Fabrizio Romano confirmed on Tuesday that offer still remains. However, Inter Miami, co-owned by former Manchester United and England player David Beckham, and Barcelona have hatched a plan to intervene.

The partnership between the two clubs reportedly proposes that the Major League Soccer side sign Messi before immediately loaning him to Barcelona, allowing him to play one final season for the his beloved Blaugrana before heading off for an international swansong with Argentina at the 2024 Copa America, which will be hosted in the United States.

The deal will have the dual benefits of allowing Barcelona to circumvent the strict financial restraints they face in LaLiga while also giving Inter Miami the perfect platform to parade their new signing...

3 hours ago, brummie said:

Ashley Young released.

I am really surprised, he's been excellent since he came back to us, incredible for a (nearly) 38 year old.

wow,he has been insane and given you have extra games thats a shock tbh

4 hours ago, brummie said:

Ashley Young released.

Watford to see out his career?

3 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

I used to really like Barcelona, but now I kind of want them to go bust.

Were Barca envied as far as how they operated when they were sponsorless then easing in with Unicef for goodwill? I feel like when I was younger I saw them as some bastion of how to run a big club honourably but I don't know if I was just blinded by youthful naivety. Either way they're utter shite these days.