Other clubs' transfers

Greg

9 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

For him Dortmund was a mistake. He would’ve been better off having 2 seasons in the Championship.

I have some serious trouble branding a move that raised Sancho's market value to €100m a mistake. :lol: He could have easily folded in the Championship while making £3,500 a week for the rest of his career but at least he could handle some kicking, now he makes 100x that a week. Bundesliga might be shite but that's a fucking wild take even from TCD. 

12 minutes ago, Pata said:

I have some serious trouble branding a move that raised Sancho's market value to €100m a mistake. :lol: He could have easily folded in the Championship while making £3,500 a week for the rest of his career but at least he could handle some kicking, now he makes 100x that a week. Bundesliga might be shite but that's a fucking wild take even from TCD. 

100% weird remark

10 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Dortmund wasn’t a mistake ffs :lol:

Man United was the mistake for him.

It's kind of mad to me that people would question a player when you consider the other players that have absolutely flubbed at Man Utd since joining them. 

Man Utd have literally spent a billion pounds on talent without any consideration for how they interlock together. Sancho works in certain systems. People watched his highlight reels, saw a few good dribbles in open space, and assumed Man Utd had signed the English Neymar. 

Sancho's best work was never about mad dribbles through countless bodies. He doesn't have the speed for that. He was more like a playmaker that used quick one-twos or smart runs to create trouble. He has to sit narrow and be near the penalty area. In that sense he's like Eriksen at Spurs.

2 minutes ago, TBG said:

My take away from that is he'll leave West Ham this summer. 

I don't want him to join Arsenal. I think they're the team we'll most likely reel in over the next couple of years. Happy for him to go to City because he might improve their midfield 10-15%. He'd improve Arsenal's about 30%.

4 minutes ago, TBG said:

My take away from that is he'll leave West Ham this summer. 

Best result is that he goes to Man City, obviously that's based on it not being us.

9 minutes ago, astraguy said:

if he goes shitty you might as well give them the title now,so boring

They'll probably win it anyway, at least it improves our chances of closing the gap with the chasing pack.

Arsenal are out of our reach for now too I think. Their midfield and wide players are outstanding. Man City are fairly untouchable. Will Liverpool be back to their best next season? Not sure. Will Man U? Not sure. Chelsea will certainly be a lot better. I’m

expecting it to be even tighter for top four spots. With us being in the champions league I think our aim should be to go as far as we can in the CL or Europa League, and make a cup run. The league, I just don’t see how we’ll have the consistency with our squad to make top four again 

5 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Better for us if Rice goes to Arsenal, we aren't catching City whilst Pep is still about but no reason why we cant compete with Arsenal. 

:dowie:

Better if he goes to Manchester City, you mean. I'd love him here tbh, the statement alone would be epic.

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Arsenal are out of our reach for now too I think. Their midfield and wide players are outstanding. Man City are fairly untouchable. Will Liverpool be back to their best next season? Not sure. Will Man U? Not sure. Chelsea will certainly be a lot better. I’m

expecting it to be even tighter for top four spots. With us being in the champions league I think our aim should be to go as far as we can in the CL or Europa League, and make a cup run. The league, I just don’t see how we’ll have the consistency with our squad to make top four again 

Not sure on that, I genuinely think Arsenal over achieved massively in the first half of last season, the second half of the season and the results they had from April onwards I think are more representative of the level they are at. I think they will be anywhere between 2nd and 5th next season but nowhere near challenging for the title.

Fair play, we’ll see how they get on next season. Mentally, they fell apart towards the end but their squad and their system is so stable. A couple of additions and I’d be massively surprised if they’re not top 3