Other clubs' transfers

Greg

8 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Caicedo was shocking bad against us. I really don’t know how someone is pay £111m for him

I might've watched the wrong Brighton games but he wasn't great in any of the other games I saw.

Edited by madras

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

These fees are bad news for us mind, we are shopping in different markets but they'll most certainly inflate the market as a whole. Milan probably gutted they didn't wait a few months to sell Tonali now. 

On the other hand, when we do start spending £100m plus, it won't be out of keeping with the rest so can't be accused of buying the title, etc. 

14 minutes ago, triggs said:

I'm pretty sure I've never seen Caicedo play

A couple of posters on here watch him every week, including training sessions. Just take their word for it that he’s worth billions.

he’ll flop at Chelsea 

Wild the figures that they are hoying around here, remember it's us that's breaking football :pow:

In the I'm not sure I've ever taken much notice of him camp but I know loads of people who rate him very highly. Can't help but feel like Chelsea's transfer policy is driven by whoever the media are hyping up at any given time mind, not went too well for them so far. 

22 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

A couple of posters on here watch him every week, including training sessions. Just take their word for it that he’s worth billions.

he’ll flop at Chelsea 

When someone starts getting hyped you take a bit more interest in them when they're playing.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

John O'Shea nutmegged Figo. 

I'll never forget the majestic chip over Jen's Lehman's head...

Even O'Shea looked surprised :lol:

Edited by BlazeT44

It’s not fair to define Caicedo by one poor game against us.

I will say, I’m surprised to see a team spend so much on someone that, as yet, has experienced so little of European football. He’s not played in big top four games. He’s not played in the Champions League. Jude Bellingham has that experience. He was way ahead of where Caicedo is.

Chelsea/Liverpool are rushing to spend 100m plus on a player in the hope or belief that he’s going to just take seamlessly to all these challenges. 

I’ve always understood buying potential; that’s what we did with Gordon, but increasingly I feel like deals for young players are front ended without significant incentivized bonuses. I see why sellers demand it, but I am surprised buyers so willingly go along with it. 

14 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

I'll never forget the majestic chip over Jen's Lehman's head...

Even O'Shea looked surprised :lol:

One of my favourite every goals and game for that matter. :lol:

The Keane and Vieira spat. Vieira scoring. 6 goals in total. Great game.