Other clubs' transfers

Greg

He was bad against us. No matter what people think of Caicedo and the price. Some seem to think too much about his game against us, it's just one game.

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

He was bad against us. No matter what people think of Caicedo and the price. Some seem to think too much about his game against us, it's just one game.

I really rate Caicedo but his form did just drop a bit at the back of the season and not just against us. It may have been down to the RB experiment by RDZ though. He was imperious for the first 2/3s of the campaign.

He’s a great player but the fee is insanity. Good luck to him. He’s got quite a fee to live up to. But the video posted above still stands, fuck him and Liverpool. Man tried to step up to big Jow that second half too. 

Edited by Kanji

110m = you better be world class for an entire season and be the best in the world at that position. That is title challenging fee. Anything less is a waste of 30-50m they overpaid them. 

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

110m = you better be world class for an entire season and be the best in the world at that position. That is title challenging fee. Anything less is a waste of 30-50m they overpaid them. 

If he was 26 or older then yeah, maybe.

A large part of the fee is down to his age and even further potential for growth. 

The guy is only 21 years old!

13 minutes ago, Ikon said:

It was but 110m players also traditionally tend to never have those games.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

If he was 26 or older then yeah, maybe.

A large part of the fee is down to his age and even further potential for growth. 

The guy is only 21 years old!

i just think that’s a mad fee, if he doesn’t show up the type of form you’d expect for that fee in 1-2 seasons at one point does the potential matter? Just seems like you pay a fee like that for guaranteed results. The sure thing. 

Liverpool fan on Five live screeching about how Man City have bought their way to success, and saying that we are doing the same, as it comes out that they are spending a British record transfer fee of £111m.

Still the Keegan money though I suppose.

Just now, Kanji said:

i just think that’s a mad fee, if he doesn’t show up the type of form you’d expect for that fee in 1-2 seasons at one point does the potential matter? Just seems like you pay a fee like that for guaranteed results. The sure thing. 

I mean he's already a high level performer in a lesser side and played a major part in them not only playing great football but getting into Europe.

Put him in a better side alongside even better players, and goodness knows what levels we could see. Even if he stays at the exact same level of player, he still likely looks better just because of the better quality around him.

Just now, gbandit said:

This Caicedo lad sounds like a dickhead to me

Him and his reps. Though in fairness I thought the player had made it clear earlier in the week he didn’t fancy Liverpool and wanted Chelsea. Was surprised to wake up to the news that Liverpool had won the race as he seemed to have his heart set on a London club.

9 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Chelsea have probably told him they'll double the wages Liverpool offered. 

Bloom and Caicedo are going to come out of this laughing their heads off.

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Is Caicedo the one that openly admitted to wanting the move to Arsenal last season? Now he's been leading Liverpool on and changed his mind? Seems a bit of a knacker.

Guy just wants a big move. Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea ... He'll take whichever.

He's just been getting over excited about any of the clubs that seem close to doing the deal.

The boy has done a great job for Brighton. Came in as a kid put in the work and excelled for them.

Brighton are about to make a £105 million profit on him and they'll continue to build with it. I'm sure they're happy with their investment.

Klopp is such a hypocrite. Whining about the PIF ownership and the threat of Saudi influence on football. 
Then goes on and sell several players to Saudi Arabia for stupid money, spend said money - and then some more - on Caceido. 
If there is any truth coming out of his mouth ever. He should live as he learns and resign (see attachment), otherwise he should stfu. 

IMG_6627.jpeg

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Guy just wants a big move. Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea ... He'll take whichever.

He's just been getting over excited about any of the clubs that seem close to doing the deal.

The boy has done a great job for Brighton. Came in as a kid put in the work and excelled for them.

Brighton are about to make a £105 million profit on him and they'll continue to build with it. I'm sure they're happy with their investment.

Can't fault the lad for wanting a big move and agree he's too good for Brighton, but I don't think he's handling it great. Just seems to be openly flirting with anyone in the top 6 who's after him.