Other clubs' transfers

Greg

5 hours ago, joeyt said:

I think defensively he's one of the best 1v1 in the league

Yea, if you are dumb enough to waste time trying to beat him one v one. He’s terrible positionally, so you just concentrate more on opposition left side and play balls to back post in behind defence that side, and he’s bad. 

Like one v one is such a small aspect of the overall requirement to be a defender at the top end. 

6 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

I know they’ve got Rice money from last season still and backing new manager, but West Ham are spending like they know a sale will be banked later this window. 

They have been linked with every player under the sun but have they actually signed many of them other than Killman? Just feels like their presence in the gossip column is outweighing actual transfers.

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

They have been linked with every player under the sun but have they actually signed many of them other than Killman? Just feels like their presence in the gossip column is outweighing actual transfers.

Seems like close to and bid reports for West ham.havent gone through yet but they have already made money on outgoings 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/west-ham-united/transfers/verein/379

6 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Is Paqueta still waiting for his ban? Or has he gone back to Brazil?

Quick Google says investigation ongoing and allowed to play in the meantime. Harshest punishment is a lifetime ban which reports say west ham would fight in court if that was to be punishment. Think the rumours about him going back to Brazil on loan to keep on playing ended when they started to say the investigation may take a while. 

Hard to write off 50m+. 

Edited by nufcjmc

7 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

He's not one of the best, he's the best imo. Can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen him lose a 1 on 1.

The more I think about it, I'm not sure it's a deal that makes any sense for us unless AWB wants to leave to be a guaranteed starter. 

Dalot is and will be first choice, so we're essentially swapping AWB for Mazraoui, but losing a valuable skill set with his departure as Mazraoui is quite similar to Dalot. AWB does have glaring positional weaknesses mind, which are even more exposed with Ten Hag's chaotic Man United, so maybe he's just not trusted in that system. 

Would have been fine with him leaving last season but a little bit sad about it now. :lol: He'll be good for West Ham. 

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

The more I think about it, I'm not sure it's a deal that makes any sense for us unless AWB wants to leave to be a guaranteed starter. 

Dalot is and will be first choice, so we're essentially swapping AWB for Mazraoui, but losing a valuable skill set with his departure as Mazraoui is quite similar to Dalot. AWB does have glaring positional weaknesses mind, which are even more exposed with Ten Hag's chaotic Man United, so maybe he's just not trusted in that system. 

Would have been fine with him leaving last season but a little bit sad about it now. :lol: He'll be good for West Ham. 

@Froggy love for Ten Hag fading ? 

9 minutes ago, Menace said:

We couldve got Huijsen and Summerville for around 40m combined and we'd be looking a lot better off.. What are we doing man

we’ve already got 2 better players than Summerville in his position