Other clubs' transfers

Greg

That's a bit arrogant. Couple of good signings and new manager can turn any teams fortunes around. As we well know when Eddie came in here. 

Perhaps these signings won't kick them on any further, or perhaps they will hit the ground running and have a great season. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There’s nothing permanent about any of that IMO

I think we will have gone backwards massively even on last season if West Ham manage to overtake us .

Edited by Geogaddi

Just now, Geogaddi said:

I think we will have gone backwards massively even on last season if West Ham manage to overtake us .

Villa overtook us last season.  In fact West Ham were as close to us as we were to Villa.  There’s no reason at all that a side making good signings couldn’t jump a few places.  They’ve got a higher turnover than Villa, and aren’t all that far behind us on that front, either.  Absolutely nothing is set in stone.  

West Ham is just perceived as good business, because they’re signing players for big money who people have heard of.

It’s still a side that’s got a very average manager IMO, and hugely reliant on Pacqueta unless you are playing on counter. Just consolidates them as mid table, but if they drop off, more names that will down tools.

Ornstein is saying its an option to buy for Todibo, so some risk there, if true, that if he indeed signs for West Ham that they could lose him to another club. 

If Fulk gets service he will bang in goals; he's a ruthless old school finisher. West Ham look to be a decent threat next season for sure. 

I think the room for mistakes at the top end of the table is very, very limited, and it doesn't take much for a couple of missteps for a club to start sinking and someone else to take their place.

West Ham could easily do that.

Lopetegui is a good manager, but he's a pretty dour one, as Wolves found out last season. I wonder how they'll like his style, what with their vomit inducing 'Academy of Football' or whatever it is they call themselves

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I think £60m for Solanke is stupid money personally 

I think Toney would have been the better signing, but I think Solanke will do well there.

will be interesting to see how Todibo does in the PL given all the hype and having never seen him play

perhaps our apparent lack of interest could be Ineos not wanting to play ball with Newcastle after the Ashworth saga 

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Yeah I like the lad and think he's generally been underrated previously but it's crazy money. It probably doesn't help us in our bargaining for Guehi tbh.

18 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not sure what to think about the fee really. He scored almost 20 last season, but not great before that. And then you have Chelsea asking 35m for Broja for example.