Other clubs' transfers

Greg

How long before Football Manager brings out an owners version where you pick the head coach then do all the transfers yourself.

( in fact now I've wrote that I'd actually play it)

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I just don't understand what their exit game is with these players.

Keep the best ones and sell the ones that don’t make the grade. 

It definitely looks chaotic but they are essentially gaming the system because they have the revenue to eat the amortisation. 

Bear in mind, if they sell a player on after 2 years for the same as what they’ve paid they actually given themselves FFP headroom. 

18 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It definitely looks chaotic but they are essentially gaming the system because they have the revenue to eat the amortisation. 

Bear in mind, if they sell a player on after 2 years for the same as what they’ve paid they actually given themselves FFP headroom. 

Yeah but if you look at the likes of Mudryk, Caicedo and Fernandez, if they shift them on there will be big losses. Seems to me like they're still reliant on selling the new Guehi's and Hall's (and Hotels).

19 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Their challenge will be if that player needs to be a Mudryk, Caicedo or Fernandez where they have paid horrendously over the odds and will be lucky to recoup even the amortised value. 

They’ve got at least five £70m+ signings that make your eyes bleed - the three above plus Fofana and Kepa.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Yeah but if you look at the likes of Mudryk, Caicedo and Fernandez, if they shift them on there will be big losses. Seems to me like they're still reliant on selling the new Guehi's and Hall's (and Hotels).

Oh yeah for sure, the first few years will be painful for them as the hall hasn’t started rolling. 

If they would have been successful over these last 2 years those players would have at least maintained the value. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Oh yeah for sure, the first few years will be painful for them as the hall hasn’t started rolling. 

If they would have been successful over these last 2 years those players would have at least maintained the value. 

The problem for them is exactly what’s happening - disenfranchised top earners speaking out. They’ll have to take a beating on the likes of Sterling, Chilwell et all at the time their stockpile of obvious homegrown talent has dwindled to Colwill, Broja and Chalobah.

29 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I'd understand that approach if their spend was relatively modest on huge amounts of players and they were running a puppy mill of players to fund it, but they're spending insane amounts that they won't recoup. Caicedo and Enzo cost them £200m and they've been absolutely shite.

33 minutes ago, Ben said:

How long before Football Manager brings out an owners version where you pick the head coach then do all the transfers yourself.

( in fact now I've wrote that I'd actually play it)

massively off topic but I thought the other day football manager should have a function where you can go a clubs academy manager and while you have the u23 side to run your job is sending players on loan and recommending players for first team. Probably a daft idea. Tho when I was a kid I wrote to the makers and made a suggestion and they wrote to me back and said they had already considered it and it’d be in the new game [emoji38]

also my dad used to do the stats for the Airdrie team. We’d get a free game every year 

absolutely mental way of running a football club. You’d have to be concerned if you were a Chelsea fan. It’s crazy how Everton and Forest get points deductions & we had to sign two young players to avoid it yet Chelsea can be ran in such a way 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

absolutely mental way of running a football club. You’d have to be concerned if you were a Chelsea fan. It’s crazy how Everton and Forest get points deductions & we had to sign two young players to avoid it yet Chelsea can be ran in such a way 

Chelsea are going to get a points deduction this season according to journos I heard on a PL preview last week

11 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

The problem for them is exactly what’s happening - disenfranchised top earners speaking out. They’ll have to take a beating on the likes of Sterling, Chilwell et all at the time their stockpile of obvious homegrown talent has dwindled to Colwill, Broja and Chalobah.

Let’s see how it affects them, Chelsea seem to not care much for team cohesion or team spirit and rely on the financial incentives side. Exactly what you’d expect from  venture capitalist fc. 

3 minutes ago, Cheshire Mag said:

Can sort of do a DOF mode on FM. Saw one of the FM YouTubers had done it before and looked like it could be good fun.

Edit: 

@gdm

Cheers. I’ll give it a watch 

2 minutes ago, triggs said:

Chelsea are going to get a points deduction this season according to journos I heard on a PL preview last week

As it stands? Or for previous year? I think they’ll sell enough players to balance it out. They’ve enough of them to sell and a lot of them are actually pretty decent which makes the constant replacing them even weirder

I'm not sure it has occured to chelsea that if they sign a player and think of it as an investment, that they actually have to play to accrue value, and preferably look good when they play. Having a lot of players who are rarely going to play, how are they going to sell them? They'll find some stupid loophole I'm sure, hell most may get sold decent money to saudi arabia but still.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Let’s see how it affects them, Chelsea seem to not care much for team cohesion or team spirit and rely on the financial incentives side. Exactly what you’d expect from  venture capitalist fc. 

Venture Capital FC is the perfect way to describe them. They are throwing money at the wall in the hope that a few of them strike gold. The wages are kept relatively low or a least performance based.

Although I’m still unsure if the idea is they will be able to sell the ‘portfolio’ players at profit or the plan is that their scattergun approach pays off down the line and they have a all conquering team at which point Clearlake look to double their money in selling the club. I’m leaning towards the latter. 

Todd’s mask slipped a year or two back when he literally called the players ‘human capital’ and I get that players are in one respect just a commodity to be traded but if you treat humans be they players/coaches/staff with that sort of attitude you are never going to get the by in or belief you get at other clubs.