Other clubs' transfers

Greg

42 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I’m not sure Toney gets in the Chelsea team ahead of Jackson, he’s turning out to be a decent player IMO.

He does.

Toney is far  more savvy, and would finish 75% of the guilt edged chances that Jackson misses.

21 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Out of teams you would expect us to compete with for Europe ? I’d say Man Utd, Chelsea (question marks over their manager), Spurs, Brighton and West Ham have. I’m not overly impressed with what Villa have done, but Emery is a top tier manager imo and they will be challenging again.

Aye, there's no right or wrong answer.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Aye, there's no right or wrong answer.

Im not dismissing our chances in a negative way either. We definitely are a very good side and can make Europe. I just hope there isn’t massive expectations on Howe given the transfer window for us and our probable rivals.

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I expect us to improve due to (presumably) no injury crisis this season. 

Suspect quite a lot of our internal projections for the season are based on this tbh. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Im not dismissing our chances in a negative way either. We definitely are a very good side and can make Europe. I just hope there isn’t massive expectations on Howe given the transfer window for us and our probable rivals.

Aye, I think we're more than capable of finishing in the top six, but we'll need to improve for sure.

I think a lot of teams have reinforced, but it's hard to tell whether they've improved due to managerial changes, player churn or the general quality of signing.

Bringing Guehi in and Tonali returning should strengthen us, but who knows of it'll be enough.

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think Guehi and Tonali would be an incredible window TBH. Maybe that’s how the club are viewing it. 

You can’t view someone we signed last summer as part of a successful window this time surely ?

This Chelsea thing is really interesting, we can see if the PSR bullshit lasts when they would be forced to give points deductions to Chelsea (and potentially Man City). It's easy to give them to Everton and Nottingham but what happens when the fans of big clubs get pissed off and PL starts to lose it standing internationally. Yeah, Chelsea sell kids but there's no way they are below the limits and selling the hotels and women's team are already shady as fuck.

Edited by Pata

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Mental to say but I'd swap Sterling for Sancho in a loan deal if it meant we were paying less wages. I think we'd get more out of him than Sancho. 

I think it's a good signing for Man Utd, I just don't understand the Sancho to Chelsea aspect. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think it's a good signing for Man Utd, I just don't understand the Sancho to Chelsea aspect. 

Could be as simple as he has no other option. 3 days until window closes and won’t play for Man Utd, so better to take a chance at Chelsea.

Chelsea are probably pulling some PSR stunt which makes no sense in the real world but does in some PSR calculation 

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Mental to say but I'd swap Sterling for Sancho in a loan deal if it meant we were paying less wages. I think we'd get more out of him than Sancho. 

I can’t see how you would be paying less as Sterling is on a bigger contract.