Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Rachid Ghezzal any good? Off to Leicester for about £12mil

Really promising a few years back - not lived up to the hype IMO

He was 100% rubbish for Monaco last season. He has been better for Lyon in the past, but still not a player I would expect to achieve much in the Premier League. Puel will have worked with him when he was just breaking through tbf, so maybe he thinks more highly of him than most. It is a necessary signing anyway, with fellow Algerian Mahrez off to City and Musa away to Saudi Arabia.

If Lascelles goes to Leicester what's the odds on us getting Wes Morgan in part ex [emoji849]

I hear James Collins is still available on a free..

Him and Rondon would be a cracking end to the window

You know something, and this might sound stupid but they've obviously realised the value of lowering expectations at nufc so I'm really wondering if this window, same as last summer, isn't some power play with intent to make profit but to push the boundaries of what is acceptable to everyone so far that when we end the window with a few patch up signings we'll eat the shit sandwich.

Of course it is we already have morons grateful for Rondon. They are so easily pleased now Ashley has down a fantastic job on them. I always said Newcastle has the best support in the country. With how things are going now it must be one of the worst

If Lascelles goes to Leicester what's the odds on us getting Wes Morgan in part ex [emoji849]

You know something, and this might sound stupid but they've obviously realised the value of lowering expectations at nufc so I'm really wondering if this window, same as last summer, isn't some power play with intent to make profit but to push the boundaries of what is acceptable to everyone so far that when we end the window with a few patch up signings we'll eat the shit sandwich.

Of course it is we already have morons grateful for Rondon. They are so easily pleased now Ashley has down a fantastic job on them. I always said Newcastle has the best support in the country. With how things are going now it must be one of the worst

You’re way too harsh on people who don’t agree with your way of being a fan.

He's off his tits.

Agreed.

Cannot abide people this arrogant.

Guest chopey

Apparently Mina to Everton will be official tomorrow or the day after that. Very advanced talks and a purported €32m fee.

Didn't go to Man U because of agent fees, or it could have been a tactic to force Levy's hand over Alderweireld

He's off his tits.

I speak sense. What do you want me to do? Turn up like nothing is wrong and condone another decade of Ashley?

Agreed.

Cannot abide people this arrogant.

I just remember how Newcastle united was pre Ashley and remember that as the standard I hold us up against.

If people are happy with Rondon and aiming for 17th then turn up and sit in silence and condone the many disgraceful things he has done

....... and the transfer market blowing out (upwards) has had a flow-on effect into prices of what loaning clubs are quoting (for a season long rental). 5-10m, we've haggled hard over permanent transfers in this price range. Season long rentals (attaining gun youngsters from big clubs ie. Kenedy) supplemented with bargain basement buys (with resale value) could well become the new norm for us, post-Rafa.

Pogba to Juve seems to be getting some serious traction. That+Cristiano would instantly make them one of the top sides in Europe (together with what they already had), imho.

That new tax law in Italy is giving Serie A a big boost.

I'm seeing links to Barca, I guess there's no substance to that?

Guest firetotheworks

I’m glad people are finally really ready to go at Ashley. 

If we had the Ashley out campaign instead of Pardew out, we would be in a better position

Both campaigns were from the same people. There was absolutely no wider desire among the fanbase for an Ashley Out campaign at the time of Sack Pardew, mainly because Pardew was selling Ashley's nonsense to the fans and peddling his 'we can't compete with X' narrative. Pardew went, eventually Rafa came in and the fans woke up a bit. Without Rafa there would be no the wider desire among fans for the club to improve at the level that they now want it to. Showing people what they could have and working towards that is a much better incentive than asking fans at their lowest ebb to even believe that things can improve, let alone take action to try and make it happen. Just my opinion of course, but Ashley Out couldn't have happened in the Pardew era, he needed to go first.

Pogba to Juve seems to be getting some serious traction. That+Cristiano would instantly make them one of the top sides in Europe (together with what they already had), imho.

Wouldn't be the worst thing for Man Utd imo, would enable them to build a more balanced side. Pogba almost plays a non-role, not quite defensive, not entirely offensive and it hinders them I think. With Fred looking good, and the likes of Matic, Herrera, Pereira & Mctominay all more defensively minded, they would benefit from selling Pogba and bringing in a proper number 10, having 2 dedicated defensive midfielders and a more defined attacking 4.

--------------Fred---Matic-------------

Sanchez-------New 10--------Rashford

-----------------Lukaku----------------

I’m glad people are finally really ready to go at Ashley. 

If we had the Ashley out campaign instead of Pardew out, we would be in a better position

Both campaigns were from the same people. There was absolutely no wider desire among the fanbase for an Ashley Out campaign at the time of Sack Pardew, mainly because Pardew was selling Ashley's nonsense to the fans and peddling his 'we can't compete with X' narrative. Pardew went, eventually Rafa came in and the fans woke up a bit. Without Rafa there would be no the wider desire among fans for the club to improve at the level that they now want it to. Showing people what they could have and working towards that is a much better incentive than asking fans at their lowest ebb to even believe that things can improve, let alone take action to try and make it happen. Just my opinion of course, but Ashley Out couldn't have happened in the Pardew era, he needed to go first.

Aye, spot on. Without sackpardew we might have ended up being stuck with Ashley AND Pardew.

Wouldn't be the worst thing for Man Utd imo, would enable them to build a more balanced side. Pogba almost plays a non-role, not quite defensive, not entirely offensive and it hinders them I think. With Fred looking good, and the likes of Matic, Herrera, Pereira & Mctominay all more defensively minded, they would benefit from selling Pogba and bringing in a proper number 10, having 2 dedicated defensive midfielders and a more defined attacking 4.

Mctominay isn't good enough imo, classic example of being hyped up because of where he is. It's pathetic if mourinho's inability to get the best out of a world cup winning mid is forcing them into a sale. I'd be pissed if i was a man united fan.

Mctominay is very average IMO.

Of all the players in world football that would complete that team you got there, I'd have Dele Alli in that 10 role.