Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Dean Smith won't last much longer at Villa in my opinion.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if they went for someone like Pochettino. They clearly have lots of ambition, are prepared to spend lots of money on transfers and they are a big, underachieving club.

If not Pochettino they can bring in a manager that is a lot better than Smith. If they do then I can see them challenging for Europe in a couple of seasons.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if they went for someone like Pochettino. They clearly have lots of ambition, are prepared to spend lots of money on transfers and they are a big, underachieving club.

If not Pochettino they can bring in a manager that is a lot better than Smith. If they do then I can see them challenging for Europe in a couple of seasons.

I'd be so mad if Pochettino went to Villa. If Man Utd were smart, they'd sack Ole and install him in now. Someone like Ole will run Rashford into the ground. Imagine Poch coaching him.

Out of the €40m paid by Wolves to Porto for Fabio Silva, agents get a cut of €10m (Mendes company gets €7m). The owner of Wolves is also a shareholder on Mendes' company.

EhjbF8mWkAE_78A?format=png&name=900x900

Ashley should learn from the masters.

The replacement is also a Mendes advised player.

How is this even allowed.

I think he's going to have to deliver at least mid table or so or he's gone

We apparently had lined up someone connected to benfica but then unexpectedly stayed up.

Wes Edens, one of our joint owners has a history of not fucking about with coaches at the Bucks, I believe.

What I will say is that these owners are genuine, they've not put a foot wrong so far and have promised to pony up they money and thus far have done so.

It was 250m plus before the end of the season, injecting capital to a club that that fraudster Xia had literally days from a winding up order.

Re Smith worth remembering he took us from mid table and on ten wins in a row to promotion, and then, despite having practically an entire team to buy, kept us up.

How much of a mess had Bruce left the squad in before Smith fixed it?

The team we finished the promotion season with was almost entirely made up of loan players.

People went on about us 'doing a Fulham' with all those signings, but the fact was, we had no choice, we had something like 15 professionals at the club once they'd all gone.

Also worth remembering, Bruce wouldn't have had us anywhere near promotion either, what Smith pulled off was immensely impressive, and I am still not quite sure how we managed it.

Bruce's management model, at least at that level, is get together a 'bunch of lads' with experience, loan a few in if necessary, gee them up, slap them on the back and hope for the best. With us there were never really any discernible tactics, it just looked the same every week, and the hope, I imagine, was that by virtue of those older, more experienced loan players, we'd grind enough sides down to get ourselves up there. Every week was like we were on a loop - even the press conferences were the same every time, same comments, same answer to all the questions.

I don't hate Bruce as a person, but he did himself absolutely no favours whatsoever with his inability to ever accept he'd done something wrong. For us, for example, the real point of no return was always going to be mentioning us not liking him because he used to manage Blues. Once he'd got to that point, it was obvious he was never going to win people back (I imagine you'll get your own version of this with Sunderland soon enough).

My Dad is a Blues fan, and I remember when Bruce was there, and doing ok with them, he'd always say "Yeah but it's terrible to watch, there's no game plan or shape to the team, it's like watching us trying to bore the other side to death". Fast forward several years and he's with us, and I was saying exactly the same.

Another former Blues manager, Alex McLeish, with us brought some of the most horrific defensive, hopeless football I've ever seen, and there was way more of the "don't want a Blues manager" talk around him (genuinely nonsense, it wasn't that he'd been there, it was that his football was awful and he'd just got them relegated, how are you meant to get excited about that?).

The difference is, for all the horrific stuff that went on that season, if you asked 100 Villa fans which of those two managers they felt most well disposed to, 90 of them would say McLeish.

God, writing this has made me think about what a couple of utter fucking basket cases Newcastle and Villa are, two clubs who have been on an endless merry-go-round of shit owners, no-hoper managers and crushingly negative football.

I thought it was supposed to be fun, but we've had a horrible decade. I don't know why I still bother sometimes.

Guest neesy111

My Dad is a Blues fan, and I remember when Bruce was there, and doing ok with them, he'd always say "Yeah but it's terrible to watch, there's no game plan or shape to the team, it's like watching us trying to bore the other side to death". Fast forward several years and he's with us, and I was saying exactly the same.

This is us to a T as well.

I honestly think some managers just don't have the nous to do anything other than 'their thing' (although sometimes that thing is something they do well).

I remember when MON joined Sunderland I posted on here a long explanation of what his weaknesses were and what predictable stuff would happen at Sunderland, and it turned out exactly as predicted. It's not because I am Nostradamus, it's just when you watch a team all season, you really get to know how the manager operates, in a way pundits do not.

In fact, I'd say one thing MON and Bruce have in common is that british manager love-in from pundits.

Oh, one question - have you had Bruce's son weighing in on Twitter yet?

That didn't go down very well.

Out of the €40m paid by Wolves to Porto for Fabio Silva, agents get a cut of €10m (Mendes company gets €7m). The owner of Wolves is also a shareholder on Mendes' company.

EhjbF8mWkAE_78A?format=png&name=900x900

Ashley should learn from the masters.

Amazing that the PL are happy for the likes of Kia to send his players to Arsenal, or an ‘entity’ to be heavily involved with one club, a particular player and a particular manager and arrange for a transfer between all three. Stuff like that is absolutely fine. :lol:

I honestly think some managers just don't have the nous to do anything other than 'their thing' (although sometimes that thing is something they do well).

I remember when MON joined Sunderland I posted on here a long explanation of what his weaknesses were and what predictable stuff would happen at Sunderland, and it turned out exactly as predicted. It's not because I am Nostradamus, it's just when you watch a team all season, you really get to know how the manager operates, in a way pundits do not.

In fact, I'd say one thing MON and Bruce have in common is that british manager love-in from pundits.

Oh, one question - have you had Bruce's son weighing in on Twitter yet?

That didn't go down very well.

Aye - he did on occasion last year. Knobhead.

My Dad is a Blues fan

How does this happen? A lad I know his father is a Spurs fan yet he's an Arsenal fan. I simply wouldnt have been allowed to support Sunderland like. I'd probably have gotten away with supporting someone else but not Sunderland.

My Dad is a Blues fan

How does this happen? A lad I know his father is a Spurs fan yet he's an Arsenal fan. I simply wouldnt have been allowed to support Sunderland like. I'd probably have gotten away with supporting someone else but not Sunderland.

Yeah but this city has 3 clubs in it, families are split, too.

My Dad is a Blues fan

Ah fair enough, I guess its more polarized up here with Newcastle and Sunderland being one club cities.

My Dad is a Blues fan

Ah fair enough, I guess its more polarized up here with Newcastle and Sunderland being one club cities.

My dad’s a Villa fan. His dad was a Birmingham fan. His uncle was a wolves fan and his cousins all West Brom fans. Proper weird.

Amazing that the PL are happy for the likes of Kia to send his players to Arsenal, or an ‘entity’ to be heavily involved with one club, a particular player and a particular manager and arrange for a transfer between all three. Stuff like that is absolutely fine. :lol:

For most other jobs you would be looking at some years in prison for arranging something like this  :)