Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Thought once we moved for Tonali Szoboshite(from henceforth) was never realistic, maybe it's telling that Liverpool only went in afterwards...

Think we're better served with an upgrade to the right side with someone who does a lot of good work off the ball helping to stretch defences with ball players like Trippier and likely Tonali operating down that side. Not to mention Isaks potential as a foil for others.

20 minutes ago, jackflap said:

Thought once we moved for Tonali Szoboshite(from henceforth) was never realistic, maybe it's telling that Liverpool only went in afterwards...

Think we're better served with an upgrade to the right side with someone who does a lot of good work off the ball helping to stretch defences with ball players like Trippier and likely Tonali operating down that side. Not to mention Isaks potential as a foil for others.

Thats a good summing up 👍 Again as with the Maddison deal I think Tonali has changed things. Tonali will offer dynamism in midfield, Bruno will have more influence going forwards as a result, Willock will improve I’m sure. They’re probably thinking they could do with more pace, goals and creativity as you say. I think we’ll see money spent on a more traditional winger type player.

26 minutes ago, jackflap said:

It’s entirely possible it went the other way (we moved for Tonali after finding how Szoboszlai wasn’t an option). Impossible to know the sequence of events from press reports.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Good times.

Honestly hope this cunt suffers a sudden downfall in his career. Somehow makes Liverpool an even more insufferable club to me than I've ever felt before. 

4 hours ago, Conjo said:

With Tonali coming here, someone who is more suited centrally/in the half space like Maddison/Szoboslai isn't as important. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a more pure winger instead now.

Why? Tonali isn’t that player. 

4 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

That’s how I see it plus look at some of the diamonds Ashworth has pulled out for Brighton recently. I’m not worried at all.

For the 10000th time. Ashworth was not the driving force behind Brightons recruitment.  

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Not too fussed about Szo. I think he’s the Salah replacement and I don’t think he’s Getting the 25-30 G/A Salah has got year In year out.  

Nobody is going to replace a player as good as Salah with somebody who has the same goals/assists though. That’s impossible. I doubt anyone at Liverpool even expected Salah to be as good as he’s been when they signed him. Szo has a good 5 years before he hits his prime and no doubt will come good for them. Don’t really see the point in pretending that he’s going to be no good.

Seems like we’ve missed out on a decent prospect, whether that be because we didn’t think he was worth it or we couldn’t afford it. No doubt we’ll simply move on to our next target because that’s the professional outfit we seem to be but this one will definitely sting if he turns out to be as good as many on here think he will be

As others have said we moved from Diego Carlos to Botman and seemingly from other cm targets to Tonali, so it’s hard not to have faith in the recruitment team that is operating at the minute but ultimately everything boils down to what we can afford through ppv  and club income so everything helps

4 hours ago, wormy said:

Honestly hope this cunt suffers a sudden downfall in his career. Somehow makes Liverpool an even more insufferable club to me than I've ever felt before. 

It's quite the heel turn. Thought he was great for the first year or two. Turned badly the last couple of years. 

6 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Why? Tonali isn’t that player. 

For the 10000th time. Ashworth was not the driving force behind Brightons recruitment.  

So he had no influence on any incoming talent as director of football? 😂 And on Tonali, no he’s not the same type of player obviously but I hazard to guess that they believe he can have all manner of positive knock on effects on our midfield and general play including Bruno having the option of more influence further forward. 

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

It's quite the heel turn. Thought he was great for the first year or two. Turned badly the last couple of years. 

For me, he only turned shit when they were struggling. At first I cut him some slack because I figured he was just creating white noise whilst protecting his players then he just got worse. 

Lots of middle aged blokes make cunts of themselves then double down tho. Especially when they legends, either in reality or just in their own minds 😉

We're going to have one of the best midfields in the league with Tonali, Bruno and any of Longstaff, Willock and Joelinton with them. We'll still have a very good midfield (like last season) with one of Tonali or Bruno plus two of the other three. Even Gordon in some games I'd imagine if we want someone further forward. 

I keep changing my mind on whether we need an AM or another wide man, I think it'll be another winger we bring in. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We're going to have one of the best midfiels in the league with Tonali, Bruno and any of Longstaff, Willock and Joelinton with them. We'll still have a very good midfield (like last season) with one of Tonali or Bruno plus two of the other three. Even Gordon in some games I'd imagine if we want someone further forward. 

I keep changing my mind on whether we need an AM or another wide man, I think it'll be another winger we bring in. 

I think winger and left back are the most urgent positions to fill. A goal scoring winger who can open teams up on the break and against tight defences at home would be massive. A new left back improves our overall play too. This is probably why we’re moving away from targets people thought we were originally going for.

It's going to be a very interesting season. 

Notwithstanding the pressures of European football can our players improve AGAIN. Staying at the same levels won't be enough, fantastic as the the season was, as other teams will improve. 

Who and how much is the bookies conundrum. 

City, obvs, Manure, Arsenal, Villa, Brighton should be better. Liverpool shouldn't have the rank start they had or Spurs (Kane depending) & Chelsea. 

I'm expecting ongoing improvement from The Joes, Gordon, Isak. Miggy will just run all day regardless. 

Tonali and, maybees, one other in the mix and I'll settle. 

Only panic I've got, in reality, is my snide TV pulling the plug 😳

On the Klopp "ceiling" bollox I chanced upon this, again, from Swiss Ramble. 

Apart from the obvious fact we don't get a mention the figures are eye watering and show, under rigged ffp, how far we have to go.... 

6 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I think winger and left back are the most urgent positions to fill. A goal scoring winger who can open teams up on the break and against tight defences at home would be massive. A new left back improves our overall play too. This is probably why we’re moving away from targets people thought we were originally going for.

If we switched ASM to the right side it balances it out a bit more but think you'd take a lot of Trippier's game away by doing that. Left-back would be first priority then winger. We could even keep Anderson around if the right player isn't available to us. 

Anyway, wrong thread sorry. :lol:

21 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we switched ASM to the right side it balances it out a bit more but think you'd take a lot of Trippier's game away by doing that. Left-back would be first priority then winger. We could even keep Anderson around if the right player isn't available to us. 

Anyway, wrong thread sorry. :lol:

😂 I think ASM stays left side, rotates with Gordon and on occasion Joelinton. Right side is new signing, Miggy, Murphy when needed.

10 hours ago, OverThere said:

Each club seems to be making one major signing apiece. Maybe the league will be reasonably competitive after all.

Liverpool have made two if they get the Hungarian fellow, they've already signed macallister

1 minute ago, 1964 said:

Liverpool have made two if they get the Hungarian fellow, they've already signed macallister

Yep, they seem on paper to have made good buys, Szoboszlai and Mac Allister together for roughly the same amount as a Rice (although he's a sound player his fee seems crazy).