Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Whatever happens; these other teams have more pressure than us. We’ve just qualified for CL football for the first time in 24 years. As much as people talk about us throwing money around, we really haven’t. There are a lot of other teams that have now spent big, have huge expectations and will be in a much more precarious position than us if their season doesn’t go well. We can afford to not get top 4 and still be moving in the right direction this season. Some other clubs can’t 

1 minute ago, astraguy said:

must be gutting for Ronaldo this,all these's sides signing better players while he stands alone.doubt they'll make the top 4 next season

£175m a season suggests to me he couldn’t care less tbh 

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

If they struggle with Onana how will they find a top striker

That could be the reason they can't afford him, as they've divided what they have?

Man U and FFP doesn't even seem like it could be a thing with how much money they generate.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: I know it's a me problem but I will never understand ffp. Have Man U spent more than Chelsea? Hell, have they spent more than Everton?

Amortisation and spend relative to income and all that comes into play, but purely on the numbers according to football365 they've spent more than any other PL club both gross and net in the past 10 years, yeah.