Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Salah is a guaranteed 30 G/A player in the PL.  No amount of money guarantees that and Liverpool don’t have the best pull in the world. 

But any Klopp team will score lots of goals.  But nobody as predictably as Salah when you factor in fitness and consistency.  

I don’t even think they buy a replacement. Szob and Jota can play there.  They can spend what it will take to sign the left over CMs they might really want and other positions. 

11 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

It's an insane fee but it's very hard to replace a 30 goal a season winger and very easy to spend £120m badly. 

He's been papering over a lot of their cracks for the last year and losing him would massively hurt their chances at top 4 this season. 

Aye. They’ve bought a bunch of good attacking players - but none as prolific, consistent and fit as Salah. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

£120m is a hilarious price. He's an incredible player but he's definitely past his peak and for him to go for well more than even Harry Kane this summer would be mental. Liverpool shouldn't think twice about that if it's true.

He’s arguably the most marketable and prominent Muslim player in the world and from a country where they’ll be targeting audience from as well as being absolutely class. 

Tough one for Liverpool if he’s considering going. Such a shame they missed out on CL last year :lol:

Not so good short term for Liverpool, but they'd be mad to turn down £120m for a 31 year old winger whos main weapon is his pace.

Only other left footed player who can play that position is Harvey Elliott so would be interesting to see how Klopp would line up without Salah and without a replacement.

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Not so good short term for Liverpool, but they'd be mad to turn down £120m for a 31 year old winger whos main weapon is his pace.

Only other left footed player who can play that position is Harvey Elliott so would be interesting to see how Klopp would line up without Salah and without a replacement.

Szob can play there and is left footed. Diogo Jota is 2 footed.  They would be most likely to play there imo.

56 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Szob can play there and is left footed. Diogo Jota is 2 footed.  They would be most likely to play there imo.

I'll stand corrected then. Transfermarkt had them both down as right footed.

4 hours ago, Disco said:

He’s arguably the most marketable and prominent Muslim player in the world and from a country where they’ll be targeting audience from as well as being absolutely class. 

Tough one for Liverpool if he’s considering going. Such a shame they missed out on CL last year :lol:

Exactly this, he'd be a huge get for a team in the MENA region. The sponsor deals he'd open would even help his club close the profit/loss gap that so many are burdened by. 

It's not terribly different to Inter Miami getting Messi. He'll be one of the best players in that league and could easy go for four or five years. 

49 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Surprised more Premier League clubs weren’t interested at that price. 

think he’s got massive attitude issues - constantly slagging his own teammates and rarely accepts blame for his own mistakes. 

I like Johnson but that's a lot of money. I thought Spurs would go all out for a striker rather than a winger.

Thought Richarlison looked poor yesterday and Son hasn't looked himself for ages

13 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I like Johnson but that's a lot of money. I thought Spurs would go all out for a striker rather than a winger.

Thought Richarlison looked poor yesterday and Son hasn't looked himself for ages

Son’s actually been really good last game and a half, just playing a different role. Richarlison’s confidence is shot, but he’s still working hard. Kulu’s the one where you just feel like he doesn’t fit what’s needed. Suspect that’s where he’ll play Brennan if we get him. 

17 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Just play Perisic Son Johnson as a front three, solved

7 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Son’s actually been really good last game and a half, just playing a different role. Richarlison’s confidence is shot, but he’s still working hard. Kulu’s the one where you just feel like he doesn’t fit what’s needed. Suspect that’s where he’ll play Brennan if we get him. 

Thought Kulu looked electric when you first got him, shame if he's not lived up to his hype

11 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

We were strongly linked last summer weren’t we?

image.thumb.png.35570e550a88b877875ad6aa06a87b9c.png

Dortmund and Arsenal seemed to be strongly linked as well, for way more money than that. I expect it was all agent driven.

36 minutes ago, kocunar said:

Just play Perisic Son Johnson as a front three, solved

Might work but I feel like we need a more physical presence up in the middle. Also I think Perisic isn’t going to be up to playing week in, week out. He will probably rotate with Solomon.

30 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Thought Kulu looked electric when you first got him, shame if he's not lived up to his hype

He’s classy, but very one-footed. Still young though (younger than E.g. Willock). Lovely footballer. Plenty of time to settle into this system.