Other clubs' transfers

Greg

8 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

These fees are bad news for us mind, we are shopping in different markets but they'll most certainly inflate the market as a whole. Milan probably gutted they didn't wait a few months to sell Tonali now. 

These are 'premier league proven' prices. I think these clubs are still being lazy with their recruitment to be honest. I'm not worried at all about them increasingly throwing these sums at individual players.

Alvarez is a pretty highly rated DM that went for £30 million, Amrabat for about the same. Palhinha went for a similar amount last season, Fofana can be had from Monaco for the same kind of fee right now.

There's players that are not far off from these guys that can be had for fractions of these fees, but these top clubs as soon as they have the money always take the most obvious options.

16 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

You could get Kephren Thuram, Manu Kone and still have change left.

this is it for me, you could get Thuram and Lavia for the cost of Caciedo. And Lavia you sit at the base. Thuram can play in double pivot or as an 8. He’s as Gini Wijnauldum as you get who was crucial to their style of play. 

From RAWK:

Fuck Chelsea. Fuck the Premier League for not punishing these clubs

Just go and get Lavia, the club's own fault if Southampton rinse them though.

Embarrassing the club is involved in this. Tell him he has until 6pm to make his way for the medical or announce we are pulling the offer and moving on. To be honest i'd be happy enough if we just made an announcement now. A player not wanting to join us and Klopp over Chelsea must be a massive whopper.

Brighton should say its Liverpool or you are staying here at Brighton!

Well Sky are saying that the club are denying that we ever had a medical booked (although sources say we did), so that could be our first bit of backpeddling.

Our lot pre-Ashworth got Dan Burn from Brighton for 13M in the first window after the takeover, with Staveley and Howe himself having to handle the transfer.

Is that the best value anyone's had recently buying from Brighton?

16 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Funniest situation would be Brighton then paying the £50m for Lavia.

Oh, please. Chelsea give away £110M, Brighton buy Lavia for £50M and make £60M profit and Liverpool left high and dry :lol:

EDIT: it can't happen, it's too good!

Edited by BlazeT44