Other clubs' transfers

Greg

4 hours ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Remember when we signed all those french players for like £10. 

was like a matter of days too. lol. 

Don’t have a lot of respect for him, poor loyalty really. I know everyone’s out for themselves and he doesn’t owe his career to Brentford but feels a bit cheap basically coming out with a “come get me” plea at the absolute first opportunity 

Just now, gbandit said:

Don’t have a lot of respect for him, poor loyalty really. I know everyone’s out for themselves and he doesn’t owe his career to Brentford but feels a bit cheap basically coming out with a “come get me” plea at the absolute first opportunity 

Never been convinced of his character either, huge ego there I think.

Just now, Nine said:

Never been convinced of his character either, huge ego there I think.

aye, just imagine if he’d been with us and had come back from a ban and we were still owned by Ashley and he was basically saying he wanted out as soon as possible. We’d fucking hate the lad and that’s before all the “fuck Brentford” stuff

1 hour ago, sempuki said:

Toney wants out. Hope that unlikely sell-on clause we supposedly have is correct. Not much loyalty to Brentford but not surprising. 

Seen some quotes that we get 30% of the sell on fee that goes to Peterborough as that was part of how they got him from us for such a relatively low fee.

Explains it here apparently

https://onefootball.com/en/news/ivan-toney-sale-made-public-what-newcastle-united-share-of-transfer-fee-will-be-ifwhen-sold-38891137

Complete piece of shit tbh. :lol: I didn't expect him to stay long term but at least stay until the end of the season and try and keep Brentford in the PL, as a reward for them paying your wages while you sat about doing fuck all. Honestly, imagine Tonali's ban expires next August and the first thing he does is ask for a transfer. :lol: 

35 minutes ago, Decky said:

Complete piece of shit tbh. :lol: I didn't expect him to stay long term but at least stay until the end of the season and try and keep Brentford in the PL, as a reward for them paying your wages while you sat about doing fuck all. Honestly, imagine Tonali's ban expires next August and the first thing he does is ask for a transfer. :lol: 

Back to Milan because he's homesick. Don't rule it out ?

1 hour ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Seen some quotes that we get 30% of the sell on fee that goes to Peterborough as that was part of how they got him from us for such a relatively low fee.

Explains it here apparently

https://onefootball.com/en/news/ivan-toney-sale-made-public-what-newcastle-united-share-of-transfer-fee-will-be-ifwhen-sold-38891137

Even if this is true (and it seems to be very much up in the air) we're talking about 30% of, say, 30%. So best case we're probably looking at £7-9m.

17 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Even if this is true (and it seems to be very much up in the air) we're talking about 30% of, say, 30%. So best case we're probably looking at £7-9m.

Not to be sniffed at.

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

About what Miggy is worth according to a few on here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

2 hours ago, Decky said:

I expect £60 million might cheer the Brentford board up a bit. 

Never bought the idea that he'd 'matured' just because he had the ability to become a quality PL striker. The whole 'fuck Brentford' thing stunk of dipshittery. Regardless of how much or little an impact it had on the club, it's just another example of bad judgement. 

Now imagine the fucking gall it takes to be courting a transfer to 'big clubs' from the club that paid your dumbass wages for 8 months before you've been able to repay them with even just one game of football. That's quite something. :lol:

Even if we had interest and the room in our finances I wouldn't want us to touch him with a bargepole.

Hilarious also that anyone would think a single person under Ashley's employ would be industrious enough to sneak a sell on clause to a sell on clause in. :lol: Is there evidence of that ever happening before or did it start from some wishful thinking?

44 minutes ago, Menace said:

How does the CEO of a club type like this

He’s in with Simon Jordon, he’s on TalkSport often and is just as bigoted, elitest, and up his own arse.

He’ll tell anybody anything he wants about the deal which will make him look good. I wouldn’t believe a word of his either way to be honest.