Other clubs' transfers

Greg

has Aubamayang been a success like?  every time i've seen arsenal he looks like he doesn't fit in at all

Got 10 in 13 last season. Pretty decent.

i'll defer for now, if he's scoring at that rate over a full season then fair enough...he just never looks like part of the play with them when i see it

Probably because he plays on the last man, he's a goalscorer with obscene pace. He's not really there to join in with the play, he's what Arsenal have needed upfront for god knows how long.

i've not seen him do that or look like that for arsenal though, presumably just the games i've seen but he's looked the same here today...granted man city isn't a game to judge anyone on

Probably because he plays on the last man, he's a goalscorer with obscene pace. He's not really there to join in with the play, he's what Arsenal have needed upfront for god knows how long.

i've not seen him do that or look like that for arsenal though, presumably just the games i've seen but he's looked the same here today...granted man city isn't a game to judge anyone on

He scored 10 in 13 while usually playing with the Arsenal B team last season. Not sure what you’re expecting

He scored 10 in 13 while usually playing with the Arsenal B team last season. Not sure what you’re expecting

i'm not sure what you're not understanding about what i'm saying; i didn't say anything about his goal record as such...i said that watching him with my eyes he didn't look like a striker that was terrorising defenders with his pace and movement on the shoulder...i think a lot of that will be to do with how arsenal played under wenger but not sure if emery will change to suit him...he looks a bad fit for arsenal to me, lacazette looks the better fit for the way they play if it has to be one up top

also just looking at his 10 goals

everton (4th of 5)

brighton (1st in 2-1 loss)

watford (2nd of 3)

stoke (1st two of 3 goals)

southampton (1st of 3)

burnely (2 of 5)

leicester (1 in a 3-1 loss)

huddersfield (only goal in a 1-0 win)

that's a lot of bottom half/shite teams he's bagging the odd goal against...didn't score against any of the top teams after joining, of course he's part of a team and their team was all over the place last season, and is likely to be this season as well tbh

anyway the point was that he was deemed a transfer success, at his price that's far from accepted wisdom imo

His biggest asset is his positioning and movement in and around the box IMO. His finishing is quality but the majority of his goals are usually simple finishes because of how good he is at being in the right place. He’s just ruthlessly efficient. He got like 4 or 5 assists as well last season including that one for Lacazette against us so he seems to be a good fit for Arsenal.

Maybe not the correct place for this but just saw that KDB might have just had a serious injury in training much like his months long injury a couple years ago. Team is still littered with talent but that is a massive loss if true.

Bloke we were after

This will be another one to add to the list in a few years that Mike Ashley refused to pay the bare minimum AND lowest stock market price that they’ll ever be.. Just like Van Dijk at Groningen, Aubameyang at St Ettiene and Lacazette early on at Lyon. Those trio were all available for way under what they’ve gone on to be sold for years later compared to when Graham Carr first pinpointed them to the club. Over £200million combined those trio have gone on to be sold for including a £70million fee and 2 over £50million fees just years after we wouldn’t pay for them at the absolute fraction of the price... Just pathetic none of the £27million we got for Mitrovic went on him/that type of player especially at just €10 million.

Didn't Aubameyang turn you down once Dortmund got involved? Harsh to blame that one on Ashley.

Agree on the general sentiment though, the penny-pinching has got to ludicrous levels.

I believe that was after the 4th transfer window we were linked with him, and his stock kept rising higher.