Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Not a clue who this guy is. Quite a few big money signings this summer (that'd smash our record) just feel..... meh. Nothing.

Is that the 4th time they’d break our record this window?

Mitrovic

Serri

Mawson

Previous signings

They are in for a RB from Valencia too.

Without Rafa it'd be pointless even playing the season, we'd be down already. The way these other teams around us are strengthening is unreal.

:lol:

We have no idea how good any of these players are or how well they'll adjust.

I think the Fulham manager is under big pressure and will be sacked by November.

All the guys that have got them to the premier league are getting high profile guys from abroad coming in to take their places on big salaries.

Wouldn't be surprised if it gets messy at a lot of these clubs. A number of them seem to be overdoing things.

I'm telling you we'll better them.

Without Rafa it'd be pointless even playing the season, we'd be down already. The way these other teams around us are strengthening is unreal.

I think the Fulham manager is under big pressure and will be sacked by November.

All the guys that have got them to the premier league are getting high profile guys from abroad coming in to take their places on big salaries.

Wouldn't be surprised if it gets messy at a lot of these clubs. A number of them seem to be overdoing things.

FFS

Are you on meth ?

Mina and Gomes having a medical at Everton, according to our press. That would be 3 Barça players heading to Everton this window.

Gomes is a good player with a huge confidence problem. I'm not sure he has the mettle to make it at the top, but at a club like Everton I'm sure he can refind his form.

Mina and Gomes having a medical at Everton, according to our press. That would be 3 Barça players heading to Everton this window.

Gomes is a good player with a huge confidence problem. I'm not sure he has the mettle to make it at the top, but at a club like Everton I'm sure he can refind his form.

With Rafinha probably going your net spend I would think would be at £25-30m? Any plans for Barca to sign more players? You need a LWF IMO

Are you on meth ?

A bunch of expensive players doesn't necessarily translate into a good team. Kaka's overdoing it of course - that would be the meth - but I agree we'll find out what the Fulham manager is made of this season.

I do think people are overrating Fulham and Wolves, but we'll see. Maybe they're an exception because of the sheer volume of options they've brought in.

Maybe people in general, but I feel most Newcastle fans are commenting on them because they're actually spending money. Actually showing ambition.

I do think people are overrating Fulham and Wolves, but we'll see. Maybe they're an exception because of the sheer volume of options they've brought in.

Maybe people in general, but I feel most Newcastle fans are commenting on them because they're actually spending money. Actually showing ambition.

Yeah of course, well everyone shows more ambition than Mike Ashley, we know this.

Both teams have signed players that are far better than anything we have tbh

People do the same every summer, same was said last year and everyone convinced we were going down.

We finished 10th, we'll probably do similar again. Because Mike Ashley is an absolute cunt who needs to fuck off, doesn't mean we'll inevitably struggle how some might think.

With Rafinha probably going your net spend I would think would be at £25-30m? Any plans for Barca to sign more players? You need a LWF IMO

We won't be signing an LWF after buying that Malcom fella. We'll probably sign one more player, though. We're linked with lots of midfielders. It would also not surprise me if we get a replacement for Digne.

I really wanted us to get a striker, but after failing to land Griezmann there really isn't much on the market.

Looking at teams compared to what we know this team can do and the minimal additions weve made. I reckon Huddersfield, Cardiff, and Brighton could be in trouble well before us.

Huddersfield big spend was on Kongolo who they had last year (fine player IMO, would love to have him at LB/CB). Their X Factor is how Diakhaby matures and if he can do it quickly. He has ability but is raw and probably should have stayed in Ligue 1 somewhere but you never know with young players. Sobhi is another that its all about whether he progress-at times he looked decent for Stoke. Wagner deserves a ton of credit already for survival, if they survive again I dont think he will be there anymore.

Cardiff have added Murphy's brother and Reid from Bristol (I believe). I just cant see it with them.

Brighton is an enigma for me. They signed the Iranian from AZ Jahanbakhsh who played very well in Eredivisie but not for his national team in the World Cup or before. You never know with players coming from Eredivisie. Bissouma is another younger player that has ability but who knows if that translates now. Bernardo the Leipzig LB is an okay player but only seen him once or twice. Andone is a player I rate actually, just not sure how he translates to the PL.

So alot of player in there from outside PL and also unknowns at this high of a level. Wolves I buy that hype. I think they got a very good young nucleus and some older players to glue everything together. Fulham Im 50/50 on. I just dont think the defense is there.