Other clubs' transfers

Greg

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Shouldn't be paying that much for a player really. What if he gets injured? 

If they spent £50m on a striker and £50m on Casemiro as he’s trying to sell some of the club and both of them get injured - £100m down the drain. Would you do that? Would you do that?

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Huge club makes marquee signing = #GlazersIn

I remember all the Ashley In hashtags when he smashed your transfer record for Big Joe. 

In the last decade you've spent more than any other club in the world on players. :lol:

10 minutes ago, midds said:

If they spent £50m on a striker and £50m on Casemiro as he’s trying to sell some of the club and both of them get injured - £100m down the drain. Would you do that? Would you do that?

You see, the problem with Man Utd is their fans always expect to win the league. They are in the Premier League, the best league in the world, they should be happy with that. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

As if that wasn't what I was referring to :lol: Even then you're what? Only just in 2nd place behind Chelsea in gross spend?

Chelsea, City, PSG, Barca and Juventus. Most of those have sold well though. Our recruitment under the Glazers has always been an issue. 

You're an intelligent man when it comes to football. There's no need for you to try and be as black and white as "Man United spent loads so their fans should be happy. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Chelsea, City, PSG, Barca and Juventus. Most of those have sold well though. Our recruitment under the Glazers has always been an issue. 

You're an intelligent man when it comes to football. There's no need for you to try and be as black and white as "Man United spent loads so their fans should be happy.

And no need for you to strawman something I haven't and wouldn't say ;)

1 hour ago, Zero said:

Before or after tax?

I was talking to a guy today who know a professional rugby player, apparently the players set themselves up as LTD companies to fiddle the tax, I.e. no 45% high income tax, I would be very surprised if the footballers don't do the same.

Guests on BBC Radio 5 Live's Euro League podcast have been discussing Manchester United's move for Casemiro and the issues it poses.

The 30-year-old Brazilian midfielder would become one of the club's top earners if he decided to join the side currently bottom of the Premier League after two matches.

"It is a surprise move first of all," said Guillem Balague.

"If you think of football reasons for it, do you want a holding midfielder that lives on the edge of the box much more comfortably than in open spaces when actually your manager wants to pressure high and dynamism and quick transitions? I’m not sure Casemiro is your man.

"And yet after the defeat against Brentford, a call was made to Real Madrid and to Casemiro. There have been meetings and the stage we’re in is that conversations are progressing.

"I think Manchester United are surprised the doors are open from Real Madrid that will accept 70m euros and from Casemiro, who will double his wages. It will give him two more years on his contract from 2025 to 2027 – he’s 30 years old.

"It’s Manchester United all over isn’t it, this story?"

Raphael Honigstein added: "I think you can be reactive and still make a good signing so I wouldn’t hold it against them that they’ve started this late and that they have done this maybe in reaction to defeat.

"But my question is the same as Guillem’s – where does he fit in? If you play two midfielders and then a number 10 in front, you can’t have somebody who is out-and-out destructive if you are Manchester United. At Real Madrid it’s a different set-up.

"It does solve part of the problem, but it doesn’t really address the biggest issue which is what do you do with the ball when you have it? How do you progress it? How do you keep that rhythm that United don’t seem to have in midfield?

"As a player you can’t argue against his quality, he will help. But as far as helping Ten Hag with his vision of how this team wants to play and having a set-up that works collectively, it does pose a few questions"

Man U have spent a fortune on top players paying top wages. 

They've just done it poorly. For so long they're left with no dynamic, no vision, no plan. 

The beef with the owners I get but only that they've syphoned off bundles and used the clubs money to buy thd cunt in the 1st place. 

Doing a Donald,  as its known in the trade 😉

They still spent all thd resf of the clubs money on players. 

We'd have begged for that. 

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

That's the beauty of stats though!

Your mate says he goes missing but he's in the top percentile or two for numerous statistics which tell us this isn't true. For example he's making 100 touches a game and attempts more passes than 98% of the league.

Stats told us Chris Wood would score goals but eyes didn’t and the eyes won that battle.

Stats should only ever be used in combination with actually watching players. Players like Colback probably have some decent stats somewhere because all they do is pass the ball sideways and backwards.

How many of those attempted passed were successful, for example?

1 hour ago, MagMal said:

I was talking to a guy today who know a professional rugby player, apparently the players set themselves up as LTD companies to fiddle the tax, I.e. no 45% high income tax, I would be very surprised if the footballers don't do the same.

They've been closing that loophole, they used to do that in the Prem with image rights as a means to circumvent taxes, but that has slowed down considerably.

90%

Not sure what's going on here anyway Breezy :lol:

The point was that a player in the top couple of percentiles for those stats shown cannot possibly go missing often. I'm not using his states to say anything of his quality. 

Edited by Hanshithispantz