Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Classic present day Manchester United, throw money at anyone and hope it solves the problem. There is something badly wrong at that club, tbh they have never been the same since Sir Alex left, even in those later years the team wasn’t that great.

Edited by black_n_white

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

Classic present day Manchester United, throw money at anyone and hope it solves the problem. There is something badly wrong at that club, tbh they have never been the same since Sir Alex left, even in those later years the team wasn’t that great.

Only if the problem is to try and win the fans back with big money signings that aren't made with any on field plan.

9 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

For billionaires they are pretty incompetent.

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Great Post ( who's Edwards ?) 

Michael Edwards, he was the sporting director for Liverpool and constructed their team. He was at Liverpool starting in 2011 and took over as sporting director in 2016. His recruitment has been data-driven and intelligent. It seems Newcastle's approach is very similar.

I don't think sporting directors feature as heavily in English football as it does in Italy. In Italy, we seem to really fixate on the sporting director, and it seems that our managers don't have the same amount of say (on average) as EPL managers do.

For someone like Allegri, Conte, or Ancelotti, and Capello, Sacchi, Lippi, etc in the past--they obviously get a bigger say--but in general  the sporting director really brings the players, and consults with the manager, but the sporting director seems to have more control.

Sir Alex did both jobs, as did Wenger, but I don't think managers have the time anymore to do both jobs.

If I was the Glazers, I'd call him, put a piece of paper in front of him and ask him to write down a number he likes, and then let him do his work. They're spending Man Utd's money, anyway, why not let it be spent in the hands of someone who has a proven track record, rather than the guys who are great at getting Energy Drinks companies to give you money to promote their product?

23 minutes ago, Froggy said:

If anyone at our club deserved a huge contract it was him. It's Sancho on £350k that is ridiculous. 

That's mental.

He's been nothing short of a waste of fucking money since he's moved to yous.

15 minutes ago, toon25 said:

That's mental.

He's been nothing short of a waste of fucking money since he's moved to yous.

Varane on £340kpw is pretty dire too. More money than sense throughout the club.

3 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Similar how? You went out and bought the best players, went after the best managers (until Ole). We played a team of championship standard players in the premier league with the sole intention of survival.

He’s a typical online Man Utd ‘fan’. You can pretty much disregard anything he says.

13 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He’s a typical online Man Utd ‘fan’. You can pretty much disregard anything he says.

You're a Newcastle fan and one of the most disliked posters on the board. I'm astounded at your complete lack of self awareness. :lol:

There are plenty of similarities between the Glazer's and Ashley, which have been discussed on here and everywhere else on the Internet. I can't be bothered going through it again but it's not rocket science. 

Just now, Froggy said:

You're a Newcastle fan and one of the most disliked posters on the board. I'm astounded at your complete lack of self awareness. :lol:

There are plenty of similarities between the Glazer's and Ashley, which have been discussed on here and everywhere else on the Internet. I can't be bothered going through it again but it's not rocket science. 

From what I can gather the Glazers are just a Harrods Mike Ashley, Ashley I would argue did way more damage, but there is a definite parallel between to neglect and negligence of both ownerships.

38 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Think Dean Henderson was on 100k a week there

Well that's Ole's fault that one. He brought him back and essentially promised he'd be number one as De Gea was faltering but then De Gea got back to his best which is a different level to Henderson. 

A complete waste of a season for Henderson and a waste of wages but some suggest the threat to the #1 spot is what forced De Gea to rediscover his form. 

Just now, 54 said:

From what I can gather the Glazers are just a Harrods Mike Ashley, Ashley I would argue did way more damage, but there is a definite parallel between to neglect and negligence of both ownerships.

:thup:

I've never said the Glazer's are worse and that's not how I feel. People just like reading between the lines and are incapable of unbiased judgement.