Other clubs' transfers

Greg

The duality of man (united)

Are we talking specifically about the Glazer's? Then Man United's activity in the transfer market is unforgivably, calamitously bad and Newcastle fans who experienced Ashley should know better than to simplify and downplay it.

Or are we just talking about Man United in general, even though they're owned by the Glazers? Then Man United's activity in the transfer market is unquestionably perfect and every move or non-move is deliberate and from a loftier position in the food chain.

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They can't keep throwing money on transfers and hope it sticks. Ridiculous amount spent the last 5 or so seasons.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-united/alletransfers/verein/985

Jesus keep scrolling on this.

The outlay compared to the income is ridiculous. They buy players at ridiculous prices then sell them on at huge losses, in some cases it's not been the players fault, they've just regressed from going there.

51 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The duality of man (united)

Are we talking specifically about the Glazer's? Then Man United's activity in the transfer market is unforgivably, calamitously bad and Newcastle fans who experienced Ashley should know better than to simplify and downplay it.

Or are we just talking about Man United in general, even though they're owned by the Glazers? Then Man United's activity in the transfer market is unquestionably perfect and every move or non-move is deliberate and from a loftier position in the food chain.

The thing is, they often do compete in the transfer market. They often get the players they want and they do pay the money needed to bring them in. They have often been bad buys, either not good enough, don’t have the right attitude, or doesn’t fit in with the manager and his style.

It’s not a whole, the Glaziers don’t get us competing argument they like to band on about. You can call them out on having the right managers, people running the club, lack of infrastructure etc, but the money for the playing squad is there and the commercial side of the club is a roaring success. Although they overlap on a lot of things in regards to poor running of a football club, the Glaziers and Ashley are not the same as the argument people like to make it out as.

28 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

The outlay compared to the income is ridiculous. They buy players at ridiculous prices then sell them on at huge losses, in some cases it's not been the players fault, they've just regressed from going there.

That's mad.

31 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Oil money is ruining the game and distorting the transfer market though.

16 hours ago, Kanji said:

Soooo Diaz is now a bench player? (When he returns?)

That's the problem. March will see Liverpool with an abundance of similar players in the front line looking for minutes. Seems like Gakpo might have been better suited to play the left wing for NUFC especially at that price (with some cover at striker and right wing too). ManU fans saying they need a true striker not a left wing. Some truth to that i think. Liverpool front line crowded with needs in their midfield.  I think we are going to be conservative in this window meaning no big purchases; just some cover. 

It’s been reported for a while that he’s off, and I’m sure Spurs are favourites to get him.

I’m not sure what people see in him. For Everton he’s toe erratic and error prone.

I’m not sure him leaving or staying would weaken Everton to be honest.

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Read their thread about Neal Maupay on Grand Old Team earlier today and it was a brilliant read. They reckon he's the worst striker they've ever had

In fairness, if you read any player thread on there, they absolutely despise almost every single player 

18 hours ago, Stifler said:

It’s been reported for a while that he’s off, and I’m sure Spurs are favourites to get him.

I’m not sure what people see in him. For Everton he’s toe erratic and error prone.

I’m not sure him leaving or staying would weaken Everton to be honest.

Little arms, erratic toes. Makes you wonder how he got so far.

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Loads of rumours that Chelsea are going to pay Enzo Fernandez’s release clause.

Think we should throw the money at him. Fits our team perfectly next to Bruno and whomever of the other three.

Pickford for all his faults has been easily one of the top 5-6 consistent ‘keepers in the league for a good few years now, often playing with poor defenders and in an inconsistent and at times awful Everton side. For England he’s been one of the top international ‘keepers during his career with them too. 

Edited by King HTT III

8 minutes ago, Flip said:

Think we should throw the money at him. Fits our team perfectly next to Bruno and whomever of the other three.

Would you prefer this route or going for someone like say Kone/Danilo or similar and still have 70m for other positions?

I also believe Enzo wants CL. 

Edited by Ikon