Other clubs' transfers

Greg

That's Chelsea and Man City beating us to two top South American talents for the future. 

Shows we are setting the bar high and scouting well which is great, I think maybe Nickson and co had hoped the market would be a little bit more under the radar as far as the PL is concerned though. 

Edited by Barnes23

It's amazing how the transfer has already been declared a masterstroke when they've just signed someone who did ok at the world cup. Now I am sure he is highly rated for a reason and may well do very well, but been plenty of highly rated flops too, I don't think other teams should be crushed in disappointment they didn't get him. (watch him be better than Salah now)

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

How??

Given they were already on the UEFA watchlist over spurious Covid losses you’d think they’d at least have a modicum of respect for FFP. Apparently not. They’ll also spunk north of £60m this summer on Rice.

They’ve gone from buying all the up and coming players to farm them out as loanees using a vile business model to buying all the established players and then having no idea how best to integrate them. I much prefer this model, completely unsustainable and all it will take is a few huge failures in the transfer market and they’ll be enjoying the delights of the Europa conference league season on season. Dickheads

1 hour ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Chelsea spending £150m on Badiashile and Enzo after buying this lot already. Apparently FFP doesn’t apply to Todd. 

03938745-5DDE-4852-8C81-8F498A2F97F5.jpeg

65 million for Cucurella is comical, like [emoji38]

Edited by toon25

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

They’ve gone from buying all the up and coming players to farm them out as loanees using a vile business model to buying all the established players and then having no idea how best to integrate them. I much prefer this model, completely unsustainable and all it will take is a few huge failures in the transfer market and they’ll be enjoying the delights of the Europa conference league season on season. Dickheads

Or a few huge successful transfers and they challenge for the title (to be fair)

It is a bit farcical (I agree) 

2 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Chelsea spending £150m on Badiashile and Enzo after buying this lot already. Apparently FFP doesn’t apply to Todd. 

They were hustled. Let this mark spend all the money he wants.

Edited by gazza ladra

2 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

It’s almost like they need to turn money into actual real life assets to legitimise having the money in the first place. A bit like laundering. 

Even if everything is above board with their spending, surely this is just suicide for the future transfer windows and eventually they will need to make massive sales to be able to spend again? 

Seems an absolute joke though, they're hurling minimun £60/70m bids around everywhere.