Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

How many of these new players can Chelsea register for the Champions League? Wouldn't put it past them finishing 8th or something and winning it.

Also, would that fuck us over if we finished 4th?

No, there would be five clubs in the CL if that happened 

6 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

No, there would be five clubs in the CL if that happened 

It only fucks us over if an English team also wins the UEFA Cup.  The rules are a maximum of five teams; winners of the European Cup and UEFA Cup qualify for the CL groups automatically.  If two English teams win the big two UEFA tournaments, the 4th place team misses out 

28 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

And we’ll never cease to see his posts here. :lol: 

Especially if we can’t stop seeing Edward’s posts. 

Him and that Frazer bloke from the same site have had quite a few scoops recently. Very hit and miss on the whole though.

Between them for us they broke out interest in Franca and that we'd agreed a deal for Ashby. Talbot also had an absolute stinker with Moukoko mind.

Another source for the mid-tier pile.

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It only fucks us over if an English team also wins the UEFA Cup.  The rules are a maximum of five teams; winners of the European Cup and UEFA Cup qualify for the CL groups automatically.  If two English teams win the big two UEFA tournaments, the 4th place team misses out 

So effectively we want Man U to finish in the top four with us then. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Curious one; will be interested to see how much the fee is. 

Im guessing he’s the replacement for Ayoze. 

Around 20 million supposedly, on the face of it I’d honestly have rather done that deal than the Gordon one.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Around 20 million supposedly, on the face of it I’d honestly have rather done that deal than the Gordon one.

I think our management have very high hopes for Gordon, this is what Ornstein said at least. 

Leeds should be kicking themselves, we offered more in the summer. 

Harrison has lost some form this season but think our main reason for switching targets is age, as he's 26. We've signed two 21 year olds instead of looking at older players. 

Potentially solves problems in future windows, rather than us forever having this balancing act between strengthening the squad and FFP. Signing older players is kicking the can down the road a bit, in our situation. 

Got Sky Sports News on for the first time since last January. It’s absolutely woeful.

Miles behind on most stories, awful “analysis” from Lee Hendrie and David Prutton, plus the joys of a Gary Neville impersonator at 8 in the morning.

Harrison Ashby’s a centre back apparently.

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

Got Sky Sports News on for the first time since last January. It’s absolutely woeful.

Miles behind on most stories, awful “analysis” from Lee Hendrie and David Prutton, plus the joys of a Gary Neville impersonator at 8 in the morning.

Harrison Ashby’s a centre back apparently.

Downie’s now “outside the training ground”, i.e. in the car park at the stadium, talking about the Berge deal :lol:.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Downie’s now “outside the training ground”, i.e. in the car park at the stadium, talking about the Berge deal :lol:.

Saying what about the Berge deal though? Because a helicopter just flew in from Sheffield and I am convinced, I tell ya, convinced!