Other clubs' transfers

Greg

11 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

If you are not registered in a 25 man squad then you should be automatically available for a fee equal to one years salary. Selling club cannot refuse an offer at that level.

exceptions for players under the age of 21.

Like that idea. Also gives players on the edge of the squad bit more agency.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

Exactly the sort of signing we don't want, past his best and he he doesn't strike me as someone with much endurance.

Yeah you're right - am remembering the player of old. Still only 30.

Edited by duo

I know we all hate Chelsea but what they are doing is really smart imo. The money is absurd it’s true but it’s nothing in the grand scheme of it. 

They found a loophlole and have taking massive advantage. It’s quite clear Boehly isn’t trying to make a profit in terms of trading he’s just trying to increase the valuation of the club for a sale in the long term. 

Given we haven’t utilised the full financial clout of the PIF I’m guessing we are more of an investment than a sportswashing vehicle. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I know we all hate Chelsea but what they are doing is really smart imo. The money is absurd it’s true but it’s nothing in the grand scheme of it. 

They found a loophlole and have taking massive advantage. It’s quite clear Boehly isn’t trying to make a profit in terms of trading he’s just trying to increase the valuation of the club for a sale in the long term. 

Given we haven’t utilised the full financial clout of the PIF I’m guessing we are more of an investment than a sportswashing vehicle. 

it’s such a high risk strategy though. If any of these players end up permanently injured or not suited to the premier league, they are stuck with these 10-20 mill pound per year wages for another 8 years. 

1 minute ago, aussiemag said:

it’s such a high risk strategy though. If any of these players end up permanently injured or not suited to the premier league, they are stuck with these 10-20 mill pound per year wages for another 8 years. 

Again; it’s not a risk if your rich and the suns are drops in the ocean, it’s all relative. 

It's incredible stress on the manager and coaching staff. So much turnover, so much pressure for immediate results and for new players to gel with so many current players potential upset at being cast aside and pushed down the pecking order.

Real fine margins. Huge risk for reward. 

9 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

It is with regards to FFP. Whether FFP is a real thing is for another discussion. 

Yes, so a slight FFP risk but look at what PSG have been doing and nothing had been done :lol:

Also the long contracts given our has mitigated FFP as well. 

47 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

He's playing an amazing short game (risky)

We are playing an amazing long game (low risk)

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Yes, so a slight FFP risk but look at what PSG have been doing and nothing had been done :lol:

Also the long contracts given our has mitigated FFP as well. 

Chelsea will have to stop and relax a bit for the next few windows as FFP is over a 3 year period.

I think Todd is trying to cram it all in as soon as possible.

If it doesn't come off they'll be in trouble season after next.

1 hour ago, duo said:

Yeah you're right - am remembering the player of old. Still only 30.

I dunno man, Isco off the bench against Palace or Leeds for the last 30 would have offered us something different.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

If this deals been agreed turns out to be bullshit can we stick to posting this Jacque Talbot tweets in the appropriate Twitter bullshit thread?

I'd love to know how it went down. He receives a text 'there's been some movement on Caicedo and Arsenal' at 6.58am. 'What, what is it?'. 'Give me say, 16 minutes and I'll tell you'. 

8 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

If you are not registered in a 25 man squad then you should be automatically available for a fee equal to one years salary. Selling club cannot refuse an offer at that level.

exceptions for players under the age of 21.

This is a great idea and much fairer than the current FFP rules, stops clubs hording players and having huge wage bills