Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Needs to be a coordinated process by all other clubs in the league to fuck Chelsea over 

Not entirely sure they need much help going off the evidence so far.

Be canny if they spend half a billion and the team gets worse.

Just now, gbandit said:

Needs to be a coordinated process by all other clubs in the league to fuck Chelsea over 

The ESL 6 already have a secret pact to fuck over NUFC.  Gallagher won’t go to Everton (and they won’t sell Gallagher to NUFC), so they need to sell Jorginho to Arsenal?

1 minute ago, SEMTEX said:

Not entirely sure they need much help going off the evidence so far.

Be canny if they spend half a billion and the team gets worse.

I just want clubs to play hardball with them and not pay loan fees and not cover full wages if they’re going to take players on loan. Chelsea will be absolutely desperate to shift players so everyone else should look at that and realise they’re in a position of strength 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I just want clubs to play hardball with them and not pay loan fees and not cover full wages if they’re going to take players on loan. Chelsea will be absolutely desperate to shift players so everyone else should look at that and realise they’re in a position of strength 

I'm all for people taking advantage of their mental behaviour, but why do we think they'd be desperate to shift players anyway? They've obviously got a creative accountancy plan in place already, and don't seem to care that much about money. I guess they can't register them all, but I doubt they'll care about letting a few Ross Barkley types rot in the reserves.

Chelsea seems like an absolutely awful place to be. You can go from a big player with a future to becoming instantly expendable within 24 hours, then if someone doesn't buy you you become important again but only if a third player can be brought in/out which means you're going to be sold regardless. Players are just pieces of meat, it's vile

2 minutes ago, midds said:

Chelsea seems like an absolutely awful place to be. You can go from a big player with a future to becoming instantly expendable within 24 hours, then if someone doesn't buy you you become important again but only if a third player can be brought in/out which means you're going to be sold regardless. Players are just pieces of meat, it's vile

American owners. Employees are pieces of meat. 

It's like that scene in Moneyball where the deals get done over the phone and the players simply get told where they're going to be playing/living. May be accurate but it's stomach-churning how little of a shit the owners care about the players at their team, just moved around and exploited without a care in the world. It's actually disgusting what they're doing tbh.

It’s extremely damaging to them long-term. So many players’ careers will come to nothing there while Chelsea stack up enormous debts. They’re gross and I can’t wait for Boehly to fuck off and take his ‘human capital’ approach with him, the utter freak 

2 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Well, not baseball. That’s one of the many reasons it’s in trouble IMO. Thirty years a ago they reached the milestone where one player at the New York Yankees was earning more money than the entire roster of another club. 

That has almost nothing to do with baseball's problems (or "problems" considering revenue of almost $11B last year). Also the issue in your last sentence is not the Yankees, but the cheap team. If the Premier League didn't have relegation then that would have been Mike Ashley's play.

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

That has almost nothing to do with baseball's problems (or "problems" considering revenue of almost $11B last year). Also the issue in your last sentence is not the Yankees, but the cheap team. If the Premier League didn't have relegation then that would have been Mike Ashley's play.

Yes, it’s one of many problems. The other team (most small market teams) cannot compete. Each team makes their own TV contracts for 162 games.  There is no promotion/relegation. Those small market clubs are just there to make up the numbers.  No reason for fans to care one way or another.

What is the punishment for breaching ffp anyways, transfer ban? 

My theory was there was a pot of dodgy money involved in this takeover and let's say they had 12 months to spend a billion. I could imagine they would happily take the the hit of a 1 or 2 year transfer ban if it meant hoovering up most of Europe's top talent like they seem to be. 

Only surprise is that they didn't get a name striker in this window but they have Nkunku coming in the summer. 

51 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Why would Arsenal even want Jorginho? :lol: 

When it comes to the crunch time of the season and Arsenal's free-flowing football become nervy 1-0 margins, he's the perfect player to bring on and suck all of the life (and fun) out of games.

18 minutes ago, alexf said:

What is the punishment for breaching ffp anyways, transfer ban? 

My theory was there was a pot of dodgy money involved in this takeover and let's say they had 12 months to spend a billion. I could imagine they would happily take the the hit of a 1 or 2 year transfer ban if it meant hoovering up most of Europe's top talent like they seem to be. 

Only surprise is that they didn't get a name striker in this window but they have Nkunku coming in the summer. 

I looked this up earlier.  You may be right. Worth the risk, if they get a slap on the wrist. Anything more punitive and they take it to court. (Where they will win.)

Non-compliance with the regulations does not mean that a club will be excluded automatically, but there will be no exceptions. Depending on various factors (e.g. the trend of the break-even result) different disciplinary measures may be imposed against a club. There is a catalogue of measures:
a) warning 
b) reprimand 
c) fine
d) deduction of points 
e) withholding of revenues from a UEFA competition
f) prohibition on registering new players in UEFA competitions 
g) restriction on the number of players that a club may register for participation in UEFA competitions, including a financial limit on the overall aggregate cost of the employee benefits expenses of players registered on the A-list for the purposes of UEFA club competitions
h) disqualification from competitions in progress and/or exclusion from future competitions
i) withdrawal of a title or award

Edited by gazza ladra

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

When it comes to the crunch time of the season and Arsenal's free-flowing football become nervy 1-0 margins, he's the perfect player to bring on and suck all of the life (and fun) out of games.

He looks a bit past it(think he was playing out of position when I watched Chelsea last to be fair), but that makes sense. I’d not bother offering him a new contract if I were them, could sign a younger player in the summer.