Other clubs' transfers

Greg

It's also worth pointing out that some of our better players cost us very little.

Midfield options of Douglas Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey, Tielemans, Kamara - £18m the lot.

Where we've spent badly, it has been the likes of Bailey, which hasn't worked out, and Ings, although we recouped 15 of 25-30m on him.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

It's also worth pointing out that some of our better players cost us very little.

Midfield options of Douglas Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey, Tielemans, Kamara - £18m the lot.

Where we've spent badly, it has been the likes of Bailey, which hasn't worked out, and Ings, although we recouped 15 of 25-30m on him.

The Gerrard experiment must have cost a few quid.

Just now, Ben said:

Amazing they have turned things around so quickly given how the wheels were falling off within the space of a few months of him taking over. To think Martin Samuels actually published an article in the Times how we'd missed a trick by choosing Howe instead of Gerrard with his big name connections. :mackems:

1 minute ago, Ben said:

To be fair to him, he apparently did a lot of work to get Kamara in.

Think he spent about 80 in total on 7 or 8 players  

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Amazing they have turned things around so quickly given how the wheels were falling off within the space of a few months of him taking over. To think Martin Samuels actually published an article in the Times how we'd missed a trick by choosing Howe instead of Gerrard with his big name connections. :mackems:

I still find it hard to believe Martin Samuels writes for the Times.

Just now, brummie said:

I still find it hard to believe Martin Samuels writes for the Times.

He's in his second stint there I think. He left to go to the Telegraph and now he's back. Or maybe it was the Daily Mail, not 100% sure about it, but he's always been a wind up merchant first and foremost.

He did do a really good article a couple of months back exposing how FFP was designed to keep the 'elite' clubs in power though.

I hope they are always behind us but it would be incredibly refreshing if Newcastle and Villa, two historically big clubs, barged into the closed shop at the top. 

It’s really quite unfortunate Man City are who they are with Pep because if you take them out I’m not sure how you could possibly predict a champion, top 4, or top 6 right now.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Villa, Brighton and possibly West Ham if Moyes sorts them back out. It does feel like it could be a good year for the PL like, hopefully City falter to some degree.

It's Moyes who is holding West Ham back IMO. His style is more suited to cup football, don't think he plays aggressive enough to win enough points over a season regularly.

Just now, BrianSwan said:

3 Midfielders Newcastle were interested in now under the ownership of PIF. I can see you getting at least one of them in Jan/Summer on the cheap.

Fans of other clubs seem to be desperate for Newcastle to break, bend, or abuse the rules. So far none of it has happened.

This is the sort of shit I hate from Romano, proper suck up.

image.thumb.png.c8ddca74390b9ad101097b6bca1df078.png

Anyone with half a brain knows that Man U and definitely not Spurs would bid anything near that amount. Just pushes the whole Barca deserve everything because they are Barcelona narrative. 

Edited by GeordieDazzler

32 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

Sell on & buy back clauses galore. Same as Trafford deal, same will happen with Harwood-Bellis

Harwood-Bellis is out of contract next summer. Unless he goes this year, they’ll get nothing from his deal. 

8 hours ago, Toon88 said:

£24m for Mitrovic is an insulting offer really. I think he’d want to go, just seems that kind of character, and seeing Milinković-Savić going there, probably seals that decision.

For Fulham, he’s the heart of that team. I wouldn’t sell unless they were offering near £50m for him.

Do we have a sell-on? Sure we do? 

£70m PIF please