Other clubs' transfers

Greg

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Please don’t watch the Saudi league. 

I don't think there'll be a more fun attack to watch. Think I'd watch them the same sort of way I'd watch Bayern when they had Robben and Ribery. 

Have any top full-backs went over there yet? Would be nice if they didn't. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don't think there'll be a more fun attack to watch. Think I'd watch them the same sort of way I'd watch Bayern when they had Robben and Ribery. 

Have any top full-backs went over there yet? Would be nice if they didn't. 

Not really, unless you consider Alex Telles top class

43 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

The Saudi stuff is definitely not like the China thing.  

The mid table could be gutted 

Are they buying a lot from mid table clubs?  Neves, obviously. 

They appear to be going the American route (NASL, MLS) and buying last paycheck stars from the bigger clubs. I guess ASM (like Neves) is a sort of exception as he is relatively young, but mid table clubs aren’t biting. The Saudis are picking up luxury players on high wages as far as I can see, players  that smaller clubs can’t afford.

Midtable clubs are better of buying and developing young talents from Portugal, France, Scandinavia, and ( why not) England as far as I can see.

Edited by gazza ladra

1 minute ago, gazza ladra said:

Are they buying a lot from mid table clubs?  Neves, obviously. 

They appear to be going the American route (NASL, MLS) and buying last paycheck stars from the bigger clubs. I guess ASM (like Neves) is a sort of exception as he is relatively young, but mid table clubs aren’t biting. They’re picking up luxury players on high wages as far as I can see, players  that smaller clubs can’t afford.

Midtable clubs are better of buying and developing young talents from Portugal, France, Scandinavia, and ( why not) England as far as I can see.

Alex Telles, ASM. That’s the way they will build out their league. Sign a bunch of players that could do a good job for an upper mid table team + some older established stars. 

Even Mahrez is only 32. 

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Alex Telles, ASM. That’s the way they will build out their league. Sign a bunch of players that could do a good job for an upper mid table team + some older established stars. 

Even Mahrez is only 32. 

Ok, but which midtable clubs can afford  to buy or pay the salaries of Telles or Mahrez?

Not disagreeing with the idea that the Saudi strategy for building a league is solid, I am questioning your assertion that it will gut midtable clubs.

Edited by gazza ladra

58 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Ok, but which midtable clubs can afford  to buy or pay the salaries of Telles or Mahrez?

Not disagreeing with the idea that the Saudi strategy for building a league is solid, I am questioning your assertion that it will gut midtable clubs.

… Telles would absolutely play for a midtable team or go to a Europa level European side.  Same with ASM and perhaps Neves too.  Neither ASM or Neves are an astronomical wages. 

Mitrovic, Zaha and Diaby might go to Saudi too.  Generally any player that would go to clubs below the top 6 might consider Saudi. Especially those who are not from Western Europe and even many will be tempted.