Swansea City 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 10/09/17 (post-match reaction from p37)

BlueStar

ALl this "everyone is against us" is tiresome.

IMO Sanches could've seen red.

But Merino should have a yellow and another referee could've given Lascellles penalty.

Isn't it something like 95 premier league games since an opposing player got sent off? It's getting pretty fucking odd.

ALl this "everyone is against us" is tiresome.

IMO Sanches could've seen red.

But Merino should have a yellow and another referee could've given Lascellles penalty.

What would have given a penalty for exactly ? No one is arguing that Merino should have been booked btw.

Obviously the ref had a better and different angle but as soon as the ball's been trapped under him my heart was in my mouth. He gave the ref a decision to make stupidly.

Guest firetotheworks

Was it a pen on Merino? Looked it live.

Probably not, might have been pulled but he looked to have lost his footing more than anything. Ragdoll physics experts seem to reckon it was 100% a dive though even though it would have made no sense given he was outside of the box and would have been through on goal.

Howeh man Hans. [emoji38] Watch his legs.

Nah, it looked it live on TV but he took a dive. I'm expecting retrospective action for him.

Can't unless the ref gives a foul

Oh right, I thought they could so long as the referee never took action.

Manquillo has been our weakest link going forward. Joselu, Merino & Ritchie have been decent.

Both full backs have been poor.

Tbf I think both of them have done well defensively, it's going forward they've been poor.

Probably not, might have been pulled but he looked to have lost his footing more than anything. Ragdoll physics experts seem to reckon it was 100% a dive though even though it would have made no sense given he was outside of the box and would have been through on goal.

Jesus :lol:

Look at his left leg. Is that losing balance?

Positives:

- Joselu looks dangerous

- Perez nicking the ball in good positions

- Merino great in every way

Negatives:

- Fullbacks are pap

- Losing men at set-pieces

- Hayden on the ball

Spot On  O0

Swansea 0-0 Newcastle

That was the 14th consecutive first half that Newcastle have failed to score in away from home in the Premier League."

Wow  :lol:

Not  surprising, do you not remember how shit we were when we went down?

Howeh man Hans. [emoji38] Watch his legs.

As I said, we're getting into proper ragdoll physics analysis here though. This is why I said in the other games thread that I'd happily fuck all of these camera angles off :lol:

I'm given him the benefit of the doubt as it'd literally be Colback levels of decision making to dive in that situation. He did the same thing last week, stayed on his feet and scored a screamer. (Merino not Colback :lol:)