Swansea City 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 10/09/17 (post-match reaction from p37)

BlueStar

Well drilled, organised, driven and dedicated. Showed grit and determination rather than quality and class for the most part but glimpses of brilliance showed we were capable of doing damage, particularly from the likes of Merino. However, maximum praise has to be given to the coaching staff for their ability to continue without Rafa and moreso the way they have conducted themselves this week in Benitezesque fashion. Avoiding questions that compromised their roles and professional and morale positioning, focusing on the task at hand and ensuring the exact same message was delivered the exact same way to the players.

Furthermore, I assume that this same message has been delivered on the pitch by our Captain today. Solid as a rock, flawless and snatching a quality headed goal in what turned put to be a thoroughly deserved win. He might not be the most technically capable but he has a good head on his shoulders, the right mentality and the right desire and heart. Today was a display for NUFC fans to be proud of. Let Sky and all the haters continue to hate, let them try and scorn us with their narrow minded and ill educated punditry because on days like today we show them up for what they are.

If Benitez has been working on a project then today was a good example of it coming to fruition. Not a man on that pitch came off without giving 200% and every one of them understanding what it means to play for Newcastle United. Long may it last.

Cracking post.

I concur.

:thup:

Guest firetotheworks

I need to see it again, I thought he was trying to get the ball from between his legs and was clumsy, possibly a bit reckless. I didn't think it was deliberate tbh, probably worthy of a yellow.

Gobsmacked at the MOTD response to Sanchez groin kick.

What utter bellends. Shelvey was an idiot and got a deserved red for his silly stand up stamp on Alli, but an intended direct kick to the groin is just "playful" from Sanchez.

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Just seen it again. It was pretty innocuous tbh. Not even really a yellow, just a mistake.

The kick against Mbemba remains the biggest travesty.

Sam Clucas is Swanseas Jack Colback. Very glad we weren't in for him.. totally inept.

Merino the class on the pitch again. He's so good breaking from deep. Loses the ball sometimes because he takes risks, but he makes things happen. Just runs the show.

Shelvey can't go back in there.. i think if he's to come back into the team it's to replace Ayoze.

The thought of Merino playing Shelvey into clear opportunities to shoot......