Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Rafa`s under contract, at a club he loves amidst fans who love him & in an area he has a great affinity to.

(He's also very handsomely rewarded as well)

Unless Fat bloke bins him/monumentally takes the piss/defames his character/some other shady unprofessional subterfuge, he doesn't walk - end of

If there's a serious prospective buyer, this is where they show their hand and just stump up what Ashley wants for the club surely?

alternatively if there's no prospective buyer this is the perfect time for the bishop to release stories that there are - we can't be expected to spend money or make commitments when there's a potential takeover on the cards after all

The only reason I renewed (after I chucked it during the Pardew debacle) is Rafa. After a string of utter chancers (Houghton aside) we have someone who 'gets it' and I'm clearly not alone in saying if he's allowed to leave, I won't be back. Look at this reception he got, at a random 5-a-side in Fenham.

If that was Pardew, McClaren, Allardyce etc, the apathy wouldve been palpable. Not Rafa, he's adored here as a manager, as a man and as a representative of the club, the fans and the city...He has to stay, theres too much at stake.

If there's a serious prospective buyer, this is where they show their hand and just stump up what Ashley wants for the club surely?

Why?

Because I'm guessing having Rafa here and a happy fanbase is a big factor?

I reckon it'll be a factor, but not a big one. The past few years have shown how quickly we go from suicidal to 'on top of the world'.

As much as I adore Rafa he is not the only manager in the world that will put smiles on our faces. Right now under Ashley, probably yes, but if we're taken over who knows.

Guest neesy111

I reckon he'll be considering his options.  Doesn't matter if he knows the fans love him etc, if he can't trust Ashley and co to give him the resources, then he'll be looking elsewhere.

I reckon he'll be considering his options.  Doesn't matter if he knows the fans love him etc, if he can't trust Ashley and co to give him the resources, then he'll be looking elsewhere.

And he rightly should.

Guest neesy111

And he rightly should.

Agreed.

Guest reefatoon

Personally think the Fat cunt is dying to see the back of Rafa. How dare him come in with all his common sense, hope and constant mentioning of how big our club is, while getting all us fans excited about it all again.  He much prefers the complete apathy that a little yes man brings.  Ashley doesn't want the club thinking it is big again, that puts pressure on him to do things he doesn't want to do. He much prefers someone like Pardew, who will toe the line and belittle the club at every opportunity, while the fans sit back into an apathy of despair and defeat.

Just baffles me completely why he can't get onboard and try and do things the right way. Surely it would be much better for him. But the guy is a massive cunt and revels in it.

I think Ashley hates Rafa having any kind of leverage on him, and will be desperate to show everyone who is boss. Of course it is ridiculous when Rafa guarantees more prize money for the club than any alternate manager we could possibly hire, but Ashley does not act rationally, predictably or in the club's interest.

we're talking about protests and walkouts again are we? :lol:

it's the premier leeeeeague marra...they'll still flock through the gates if ashley decides to ned stark rafa outside the fucking club shop

It's different this time. Season ticket holders who I have spoken to who would never walk away in the past have all said if Rafa goes that is finally it for them. Look at the amount of people that stayed behind at the end of the Chelsea game. That was for Rafa we all did that. Yes we wanted to show our appreciation to the players but the main reason was to show Rafa how much we wanted him to be there. The fall out to Rafa leaving would be on a level that Ashley has never seen before and would just prove to me that he is genuinely get some pleasure from seeing Newcastle fans hopes sky high and then come crashing down and he doesn't care about losing money at the club.

Sensibly, I know this probably won't happen - makes no sense why he'd go there. He'd let down a lot of people who thought he was better than that. But these stories are still shredding my nerves.

It's all control with him. It's trumpesque. When the protests happened on a significant scale, he doubled down on 'investment' to save face and in the hope that will be enough. I genuinely think he'll massage his own ego now over sanctioning minimal investment and the successful loans as vindication. The money is important to him but face is just as much.

Sensibly, I know this probably won't happen - makes no sense why he'd go there. He'd let down a lot of people who thought he was better than that. But these stories are still shredding my nerves.

Eh? He’s been pissed about in three consecutive windows and if this one looks like going the same way and a huge transfer budget with better wages is offered to him elsewhere then you couldn’t blame him one bit

There is only one wanker to blame if he goes

Guest reefatoon

Yeah exactly. No matter where Rafa goes (if he does end up going), absolutely non of it is his fault.  I would hold no grudge at all with him if he went to West Ham.  He wants to be challenging and doing the best he can, and if someone offers him that then he will take it, and you can't blame him one bit after the shit way they have been with him here.

Yeah exactly. No matter where Rafa goes (if he does end up going), absolutely non of it is his fault.  I would hold no grudge at all with him if he went to West Ham.  He wants to be challenging and doing the best he can, and if someone offers him that then he will take it, and you can't blame him one bit after the shit way they have been with him here.

You wouldn't be annoyed if it was West Ham? Nobody would leave for a smaller club with owners who just as batshit crazy. Champions League club - understandable. But not West Ham, I think a lot of wise people by his side will be advising him this, if he didn't know already.

Guest reefatoon

You wouldn't be annoyed if it was West Ham? Nobody would leave for a smaller club with owners who just as batshit crazy. Champions League club - understandable. But not West Ham, I think a lot of wise people by his side will be advising him this, if he didn't know already.

I wouldn't be annoyed with Rafa, no.  I would be annoyed with the club for letting it happen.  If Rafa did leave for them, it would be down to him getting what he wants/needs and in writing, to be able to do his job the best he can. Doesn't matter if it is West Ham or not. If Newcastle offered the same, then he would stay, but if they fuck about, he will go to a club that will offer him what he needs.  They wouldn't be a smaller club for long if he took over anyway, would guarantee to finish way above us.

I know it's probably wrong of me, but I couldn't help but feel betrayed by Rafa if he did leave to West Ham. The Dildo Brothers are hardly any better than Ashley. Don't get me wrong, it would solely be on Ashley's head if he did leave, but to West Ham, would be difficult to stomach.

I know it's probably wrong of me, but I couldn't help but feel betrayed by Rafa if he did leave to West Ham. The Dildo Brothers are hardly any better than Ashley. Don't get me wrong, it would solely be on Ashley's head if he did leave, but to West Ham, would be difficult to stomach.

The one silver lining of Rafa leaving would be the parting shots. But deep down I know Rafa is just too goddamn professional and considered to actually do it. But if he did.. oh those parting shots. He could destroy Ashley, he really could.

Opinion - Would anyone accept Rafa leaving with the guarentee of also removing Ashley?

Big Sam walking back in to Newcastle for a second spin under Ashley.  Small budget and Sam will do what he does best and keep the club in the league with the bare minimum. He'll also get a % of player sales.  He'd love it.

Guest reefatoon

And this is exactly what Ashley will be hoping.