Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

It's not going to happen. He's not going to abandon everything here to start over with a troubled club like West Ham. It all boils down to talks with Ashley and that'll run on for another while yet.

SSN breaking news now - West Ham want Rafa as first choice. Here we fucking go....

It only strengthens Rafa's hand, no? Doubt the cunt in charge will care, probably wants a yes man..

SSN breaking news now - West Ham want Rafa as first choice. Here we fucking go....

No doubt they would like him, it's no secret, but never really believed that he would go to either Everton or West Ham, and nothing has made me think any different.

They can make any move they want, Rafa is the only one who will decide and I find it hard to believe he'd walk out on us to go there.

Ashley is the problem, as ever. He won't play ball if Rafa uses this as a negotiating tactic and will be jizzing at the thought of 'selling' another manager.

Think we’re burying our heads in the sand if we think he wouldn’t even think about going there.  If he’s promised significant funds as being reported and complete control then he’d go imo.  If talks don’t work out here of course, which we know is a distinct possibility

i'd be really surprised if he goes there while he has 1 year left on his contract here still. clear nufc hierarchy ambition doesn't match his own (why has new contract negotiations taken so long?) but he's genuinely loved here, something not always guaranteed (chelsea?) and even with a difference of ambition at the top i reckon he will see out his contract at least on the hope something changes.

perhaps these rumours will work in the fans and rafas favour and force the board to up their game

Think we’re burying our heads in the sand if we think he wouldn’t even think about going there.  If he’s promised significant funds as being reported and complete control then he’d go imo.  If talks don’t work out here of course, which we know is a distinct possibility

It's not about going to West Ham for a better situation (which it is most definitely not, those owners are worse than Ashley and equally as tight fisted) it about him jumping the ship at this stage.Contract talks have only just begun, he's going to give Ashley the chance to offer him what he wants in terms of transfer budget, I would be confident of that happening even if it were a better club than West Ham knocking on the door. If Ashley doesn't come through, then he will start considering other options, but he'll get a lot better job prospects than West Ham United and he won't want to go to an identical situation in terms of clueless owners.

Why would any of you be surprised that he’d go to West Ham? He already agreed a move in principal there before Real Madrid eventually went for him.

If Ashley doesn’t play ball, and also put something in writing. I believe Rafa is leaving the discussions to his agent and legal team. Any assurances will have to be air tight.. if that doesn’t happen.. well he wants to stay in England and he’d never manage Everton, so..

Why would any of you be surprised that he’d go to West Ham? He already agreed a move in principal there before Real Madrid eventually went for him.

If Ashley doesn’t play ball, and also put something in writing. I believe Rafa is leaving the discussions to his agent and legal team. Any assurances will have to be air tight.. if that doesn’t happen.. well he wants to stay in England and he’d never manage Everton, so..

Did you read any of the posts above ? Do you know anything of the West Ham Situation? FFS man.