Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Im still apathetic as fuck and the World Cups over so it can't be that. Think my hearts already walked away from the club as a way of protecting myself when Rafa goes.

My front room is like a shrine to the bloke...I really hope i can just walk away and actively root against NUFC when the inevitable happens.

As an aside, that poll at the top is doing my head in. 11% of our fanbase on here was losing faith in Rafa during last season, fair enough we had a bad spell but there was only one man responsible for that. The same 11% will probably believe the clubs spin and blame Rafa when he leaves.

Guest chopey

Just wait until the club sell Lascelles for 35-50m on deadline day..

I honestly think something like this could happen

If he feels that there is no chance whatsoever, he will go for a full frontal attack on Mike in the press conference. He has too much professional integrity to continue coaching and try to hang on to a job.

so this is basically the one thing we've got to look forward to now, i hope it's fucking epic

Apologies if posted already but jesus f***ing christ:

Of course it will be. Every team have spent but us. But we should still be ok, if the team at the second part of the season turns up..

I kinda just want him to go now. I know he's doing it for us but all it really achieves is buying Mike another year of peace to milk us. Just want to be ale to protest at Ashley without letting this team down.

He should just walk I'd hate to see the guy have a 2nd relegation on his CV because I'm not very confident at all of us staying up if we dont get any more in

Should’ve sacked him last season when we were 100% going down, for me.

Still can't quite believe this is happening. Best manager we've had since Bobby, and the best we could possibly wish to have and we won't give him any money, despite us having more money than we've ever had to spend. Even for Ashley this is a new level of stupidity / pig headed arrogance.

Apologies if posted already but jesus fucking christ:

Benitez had hoped to strengthen his squad and consolidate in the top half as well as challenge in the cups. But so far this summer rivals such as Huddersfield and Wolves have spent big while Newcastle are in profit on their deals.

Asked three weeks before the big kickoff — and transfer deadline day — what the goal was for the coming campaign, Benitez said: “We have to fix a target to stay up. That is it. Concentrate on staying up, and after that, see where.”

Newcastle produced a strong finish from January onward to shoot out of relegation trouble to safety, but Benitez warned: “It will be more difficult than last year. You don’t know, because we finished tenth this year, we can (also) be in the middle next season — because everyone is spending.

“The reality is the Premier League is difficult and every year the others spend money and bring new players. Fulham, Wolves are spending. Huddersfield, Brighton everyone is spending making it more difficult. So the target will be to stay up.”

When it was pointed out that the Spaniard was hopeful of entering the season with loftier ambitions two months ago, he replied: “Yeah, but it’s what we have at the moment.

“One hundred per cent, it is harder to stay up this season. Fulham and Wolves have come up and have big money.

“When you talk about the market, you know what offers they are making. They will be stronger at the beginning than Huddersfield and Brighton. Brighton and Huddersfield are already in the Premier League, they are spending some money. Then you see West Ham, they are spending some money.”

Guest chopey

what are the odds for Rafa leaving and the next person that the fat cunt appoints gets an open cheque book?

Imagine someone like Nigel Pearson getting £100m to spend. Ugh.

I'm convinced Ashley will fuck us over again with Pardew

He should just walk I'd hate to see the guy have a 2nd relegation on his CV because I'm not very confident at all of us staying up if we dont get any more in

:lol:

It's just Ashley being petty because Rafa won't sign a new contract without assurances being in place. Ashley's way to show him and us who's the boss is to deny Rafa transfer funds.  The best thing Rafa can do is wait until the transfer window closes and then walk away, leaving Ashley's next puppet to attempt to keep us in the league with a sub-standard squad. We know Rafa can do it but that's because he's world class - the next one definitely won't be.

:lol:

I think even with the current squad he would find a way to keep us up, I'm man enough to admit I've questioned him at times so far in his tenure and in some cases rightly so and in some cases out of frustration, but its obvious the more he works with his players the better we get, it wouldn't be a top half finish and it would probably be a battle but I think we would come out of it and stay up.

Its ridiculous that we are even having this conversation, this easily could and should be one of the most exciting times in a decade of following NUFC, we should be seeing us loosen the purse strings a bit, making strides and everyone confident ready to take on the new season and move forward, but here we are again hoping we at least spend what we bring in from sales and slowly starting to pray we get someone like Rondon in because nobody better will be paid for, and worrying about Rafa leaving.

Just a shit sandwich all round.

It's just Ashley being petty because Rafa won't sign a new contract without assurances being in place. Ashley's way to show him and us who's the boss is to deny Rafa transfer funds.  The best thing Rafa can do is wait until the transfer window closes and then walk away, leaving Ashley's next puppet to attempt to keep us in the league with a sub-standard squad. We know Rafa can do it but that's because he's world class - the next one definitely won't be.

Just worry that the fat cunt will get £3 million off him if he does that. Although I'm pretty sure he has an airtight case for constructive dismissal. The fat cunt has got form.

Just worry that the fat cunt will get £3 million off him if he does that. Although I'm pretty sure he has an airtight case for constructive dismissal. The fat cunt has got form.

He would but he'd lose a lot more than that if/when we went down. Ashley knows he's onto a good thing with Rafa, he just doesn't like the fact he's not a puppet or a yes man and has the total support of the club's fanbase - it puts Ashley in a position of weakness. But as we know, Ashley is a massive gambler - he's prepared to risk the health/future of the club to show Rafa who's boss. It's childish and pathetic but that's Ashley all over