Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest ElCid

I can’t see him going tbh. I think he’ll sign a new contract.

I think you’re living in dreamland not a chance with this cunt in charge. Lied to, undermine and thrown under a bus no way a man of his integrity stays. He would be away already if not for the clause.

Looks like he'll get the numbers he needs. It's not the calibre he ideally wants, due to the sell to buy stipulation until he signs, but for now I thin it will just about suffice.

I think after the window talks will continue, the team will be doing well, and he will ultimately sign. MA knows he's got something very good, and he'll get it done.

Looks like he'll get the numbers he needs. It's not the calibre he ideally wants, due to the sell to buy stipulation until he signs, but for now I thin it will just about suffice.

I think after the window talks will continue, the team will be doing well, and he will ultimately sign. MA knows he's got something very good, and he'll get it done.

Not trying to pick a fight or anything. But why do people time and time again expect Mike Ashley to act rationally? He will fuck the team over for no reason. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again. And he will do it again.

Thing is, if he doesn't spend and has all this cash available next window he could technically offer the academy and training facilities without much extra expense whilst offering a sell to buy policy again. Rafa would sign on those terms.

Why would he ever trust Ashley? He ain't going to be bought off by him after being let down window after window.

He wouldn't, the terms about training and academy would be in the contract as would his transfer terms.

Weren't we told certain investment assurances were 'iron-clad' in his new contract two years ago?

Guest chopey

Just watched the post match interviews. He looks like he’s done with it all. I’ve never seen him look so deflated in the whole time he’s been here.

Totally agree, the whole situation is just rotten

Do you think the club is purposely not giving Rafa any money apart from player sales to sicken him off so he walks or doesn’t sign a new contract and someone like Pardew who was a mate ,would be given some of the tv money if he was still here? In other words do they not want Rafa at the club.

Guest Howaythetoon

Do you think the club is purposely not giving Rafa any money apart from player sales to sicken him off so he walks or doesn’t sign a new contract and someone like Pardew who was a mate ,would be given some of the tv money if he was still here? In other words do they not want Rafa at the club.

Ideally they would love him to commit to a long-term deal, but be happy and content like Pardew was as he guarantees safety and fans remaining onside, at least inside the stadium.

They know that just isn’t how Rafa works though so they are now sabotaging his ability to do his job hoping he resigns which again won’t happen, but they are prepared to see him leave and doing just enough to equip him with the tools o keep the club up ready for the next man.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see Pardew back here very soon.

For Ashley, I think the minute he found out that Rafa had met in private with individuals wanting to buy the club and wasn’t full of praise for his master, that was the start of this becoming a personal battle. It wouldn’t surprise me if for that reason and that reason only, being the manchild he is, that’s why he pulled the plug or started asking for even more money and why we weren’t sold.

That’s the level of ownership we are dealing with and the type of utter fucking cretins Rafa is working for, all bent over to be used and abused by Ashley who without they wouldn’t be in such a job or role, thankful to him for putting food on the table.

Charnley, Barnes, Beardsley, Bishop et al.

Anyone that challenges him or says hold on, this isn’t right, gets undermined, character assinated and cut adrift. KK, Shearer, Hughton, Nolan, Enrique, Barton and now Rafa. People with a back bone who asked questions, demanded more and challenged Ashley.

When Rafa had us top of the Championship and looking certs for promotion he started prepairing for the PL and mid-table to European spots, which as we all know goes against the whole ethos of what Ashley is about so in come Barnes and ever since we come up it’s been all about doing the bare minimum to stay up which is conversely is against the whole ethos of what Rafa is about.

This will be his final season in charge of us and us fans need to choose between the two, if we continue to buy STs, fill the stadium, buy tops and whatever following Rafa’s departure he wins and we lose our club forever.

Even if we can’t get him to sell up and Rafa still leaves, we can keep fighting the fucker and opposing his ownership and we have to do that right now at all times even while Rafa is still here.

I think Ashley knows he can't, and absolutely will not, match Rafa's ambition for the club. One party wants the absolute best for the club and is going public in challenging Ashley do it. Ashley wants the bare minimum spend to survive, this season genuinely is the long goodbye, and the most annoying aspect of it all will be seeing Rafa's replacement being handed fucking millions to spend because he'll, whoever he is, will be vastly inferior to Benitez and he'll need to buy his way to survival rather than manage, organise and coach his team like Rafa does.

We all know that Rafa is on borrowed time and id put Money on Pardew being the next manager come this time next year. That's when our true fans need to make a stand and make SJP a half to two thirds empty shell for the season.

Guaranteed Pardew would be told to sell Lascelles and whoever else at that time is worth more than 10m

The foresight of the next few years could be grim as fuck and once Rafa goes we will certainly become a Championship club within 12 months as the way we operate as a business that is our level we don't have the ambition or right people to run the operation as a Premier League club

Enjoy the shitshow while it lasts as it's only going to get worse....much worse

Guest chopey

I was talking to a season ticket "lifer" last night and he said if Rafa goes and Ashley stays he wont renew and it sounds like thousands more will do the same, I'm at the stage now where my club feels totally foreign to me and i just keep thinking "whats the point of just existing as a club" even the smallest club has some sort of ambition for a new season Newcastle United just exists for the promotion and advertising of a company, which is no reason to support a club.

We all know that Rafa is on borrowed time and id put Money on Pardew being the next manager come this time next year. That's when our true fans need to make a stand and make SJP a half to two thirds empty shell for the season.

Guaranteed Pardew would be told to sell Lascelles and whoever else at that time is worth more than 10m

The foresight of the next few years could be grim as fuck and once Rafa goes we will certainly become a Championship club within 12 months as the way we operate as a business that is our level we don't have the ambition or right people to run the operation as a Premier League club

You down for a thousand quid bet?

You down for a thousand quid bet?

Can I get in on this  :lol:

Even in the event of a civilisation rebuild post-apocalypse.