Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest firetotheworks

This is no offence to anyone on here, but I can not see why anyone would still turn up for games after this. I can't wrap my head around it at all.

You can't see why people would want to turn up and protest? That's the best answer. Not going has proven not to work as there's enough happy clappers to take the seats of the legitimate, knowledgeable supporters that don't go.

The evidence would suggest otherwise.

https://twitter.com/bigchrisholt/status/1021338404104097799

Boycotting games en mass is different to the odd knowledgeable fan jacking in his season ticket. Mass boycotts is the best protest. Will it happen? Not in a million years. There's probably at least 100 active members on this forum who've stopped going to matches in protest over Ashley in the past ten years, and what has happened to average attendance as a result? They just got replaced with casual fans - that's the point I was making.

It would be more damaging and meaningful if all the season ticket holders were proper fans, then things like the boycotts might happen, then whole-stadium protests might happen. The collective strength of the match-going fanbase as one entity, like Liverpool for example.

Well hopefully that's where TMG will come in and get as many people boycotting as possible.

This is no offence to anyone on here, but I can not see why anyone would still turn up for games after this. I can't wrap my head around it at all.

You can't see why people would want to turn up and protest? That's the best answer. Not going has proven not to work as there's enough happy clappers to take the seats of the legitimate, knowledgeable supporters that don't go.

The evidence would suggest otherwise.

https://twitter.com/bigchrisholt/status/1021338404104097799

Boycotting games en mass is different to the odd knowledgeable fan jacking in his season ticket. Mass boycotts is the best protest. Will it happen? Not in a million years. There's probably at least 100 active members on this forum who've stopped going to matches in protest over Ashley in the past ten years, and what has happened to average attendance as a result? They just got replaced with casual fans - that's the point I was making.

It would be more damaging and meaningful if all the season ticket holders were proper fans, then things like the boycotts might happen, then whole-stadium protests might happen. The collective strength of the match-going fanbase as one entity, like Liverpool for example.

Well hopefully that's where TMG will come in and get as many people boycotting as possible.

:thup:

I wish I could just enjoy my football team man. I always love getting geared up for the start of the season, yet barring last time which was fairly positive, it feels like we're constantly on the brink of meltdown & the football itself, the reason why we're all here is completely secondary. I've been hearing about protest this, protest that for fucking years and nothing has happened.

Just want to be able to enjoy the football team I'm so fond of. In fact, not even that, I just want some semblance of normality, everything is so bloody dramatic all of the time.

The mind boggles at how little self respect those who still put their money towards this must have.

I know there's loads of you on here but please, for fuck's sake, STOP.

It’s 100% the only way things will change. It might take a long time to filter through but more and more people will stop going.

I wish I could just enjoy my football team man. I always love getting geared up for the start of the season, yet barring last time which was fairly positive, it feels like we're constantly on the brink of meltdown & the football itself, the reason why we're all here is completely secondary. I've been hearing about protest this, protest that for fucking years and nothing has happened.

Just want to be able to enjoy the football team I'm so fond of. In fact, not even that, I just want some semblance of normality, <b>everything is so bloody dramatic all of the time.</b>

My bloody stomach is churning at this latest shite like  :lol:

The mind boggles at how little self respect those who still put their money towards this must have.

En-masse? Sure, all stop at once and make a difference. One guy on a forum calling for people in general to stop is not the way to win the war. It dillutes the match going fanbase to unreasonable, unreachable happy clappers that can't and won't form any part of a collective protest or boycott.

En-masse? Sure, all stop at once and make a difference. One guy on a forum calling for people in general to stop is not the way to win the war. It dillutes the match going fanbase to unreasonable, unreachable happy clappers that can't and won't form any part of a collective protest or boycott.

As the crowds get smaller, people join the exodus. I’ve seen it first hand on a much much smaller scale, but it works. It’ll take a few years though.

As the crowds get smaller, people join the exodus. I’ve seen it first hand on a much much smaller scale, but it works. It’ll take a few years though.

Another 10? I'll might be 6 feet under by then...

What chance have you got when people are buying streams watch a pre season friendly ffs

Guest firetotheworks

The players need to strike.

Centre circle sit in for the final friendly with the threat of further competitive games to follow.

Yes, the players sitting in the centre circle, striking because they're not good enough and they think they should be replaced with better players is realistic.

Wait, so your argument is that in order to effectively boycott the games, we need more people to keep turning up? this is completely nonsensical. Go if you want but this argument is beyond weak.

It makes perfect sense, don't be so obstinate :lol: Take it the logical conclusion - what's better, a stadium full of people who are an organisable group with a long-standing relationship with a club that a lot of their life revolves around, or a stadium full of people who turn up and sing 'Newcastle, Newcastle, Newcastle...' and go home, and turn up in 2 weeks time and just read what gets printed in the Chronicle and believe that we're a club that can never compete?