Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

It does look like there's truth in the story that Ashley won't release funds unless Rafa signs a new contract.

If Rafa doesn't trust them, then he should quit now. The strategy of not signing, but hoping that pressure from supporters and the media is going to force Ashley to back down, just isn't going to work. We're in for another meltdown if this carries on.

It does look like there's truth in the story that Ashley won't release funds unless Rafa signs a new contract.

If Rafa doesn't trust them, then he should quit now. The strategy of not signing, but hoping that pressure from supporters and the media is going to force Ashley to back down, just isn't going to work. We're in for another meltdown if this carries on.

There's no truth in that, because Rafa has every reason to believe even if he signed a contract Ashley wouldn't release funds.

I hope he fights the wankers and calls out them until the day his contract expires!

He knows the potential we have under an INTERESTED owner and he's desperate for a takeover to happen.

KILL THEM RAFA!

When he goes I just don't see the point in supporting this club anymore, which kills me. I have no intention of exposing my Son or Daughter to this club.

I have had a season ticket for 27 years and happy to throw it now, nevermind when Rafa goes, it's just not fun anymore. I thought when Rafa came in they would back him, but they are determined to ruin this club.

Bloke who writes for MotD mag:

I'm sure you'd still get a job around the North East after your prison sentence if you mentioned it was for clocking Mike Ashley.

Yous probably win north east sports personality of the year.

Guest chopey

I just wish he would pack it in and take Ashley to court for constructive dismissal, I feel sorry for the bloke having to put up with this shit but Ashley won't change.

Imagine how terrible a person you must be to actually mess things up with Rafa to this extent man.

This is absolutely crazy. Feel terrible for Muto in particular. How rubbish must he feel right now?

As for Lee Charnley man. What a shameless stooge of zero character he is. Utter disgrace.

But the squad is fine KaKa, right?

What’s he said about Muto?

Imagine how terrible a person you must be to actually mess things up with Rafa to this extent man.

This is absolutely crazy. Feel terrible for Muto in particular. How rubbish must he feel right now?

As for Lee Charnley man. What a shameless stooge of zero character he is. Utter disgrace.

Anything but fine as it stands with no extra players in and the shit off the field I can't see it ending well at all. It's got relegation written all over it

Well yes, that's my point :) Kaka has been beating the drum that the players coming in are more than good enough and we'll do fine because of Rafa.

I hope he fights the wankers and calls out them until the day his contract expires!

He knows the potential we have under an INTERESTED owner and he's desperate for a takeover to happen.

KILL THEM RAFA!

This. He should stay to the end of the season and call Ashley a liar every single day until he leaves or gets sacked.

Then we watch it all burn.

Losing him now would be counter productive to the overall aim.

With the talk about what Rafa is saying being demoralising to our squad... Will he not have already told them what he is doing and why he is doing it? So that internally the players, coaches, manager are a big happy group. Just to the outside world they’re doing what they can to put pressure on Ashley?

Rafa’s comment of “the fans know what is going on” might give some weight to the idea.

With the talk about what Rafa is saying being demoralising to our squad... Will he not have already told them what he is doing and why he is doing it? So that internally the players, coaches, manager are a big happy group. Just to the outside world they’re doing what they can to put pressure on Ashley?

Rafa’s comment of “the fans know what is going on” might give some weight to the idea.

I dont think there's anyone that happy inside that dressing room. Could see in Rafa's face this was more than an organised "plot" to put pressure on Ashley. I think he's given up hoping for things to change and is just incredibly frustrated.

didnt this bonus thing happen in 2010/11 with Hughton and he got peddled 6 weeks in?

And even if that happens, in a twisted way it works in our favour. It at least means things are getting to Ashley. It'd be heartbreaking to lose Rafa but protests, boycotts etc would be a hell of a lot easier to stomach if it wasn't under Rafa's watch.

Anything but fine as it stands with no extra players in and the shit off the field I can't see it ending well at all. It's got relegation written all over it

I don't know why any of our fans are bothered about relegation. Why does it matter what league we're in when Ashley doesn't want to compete anyway? There's nothing left at the club to support (apart from Rafa).