Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Rafa is just magic. Excellent 3 points picked up today. It's precisly why Rafa must be retained, he's so brilliant. Just imagine if he was able to get some normal investment levels for this league. He'd have us up there competing very easily.

He’s incredibly realistic too given what he’s said in that interview. He isn’t asking for the world, ffs. Ashley and that count thumb boy could search the four corners of a Greggs steak bake and not find someone that cares about this club more than this wonderful man.

Letting Rafa go will be a bigger crime than willingly sacrificing us the mercy of JFK and suffering 2 relegations.

Doesn’t even sound as though he’s bothered about a big budget. Last night he was talking about doing the right things to make us compete with the clubs 7th-12th. Will make it even worse when he goes if we’ve still fucked him about. All he wants is to be able to compete on a level playing field with the likes of Everton, West Ham, Wolves & Leicester consistently. We’ve shown in our head-to-heads that we can compete over 90 minutes but he needs the backing to be able to compete over a season. We were just behind Leicester & Everton last season, we stood still while they invested and that shows in the league table this season.

I think he would like a decent budget to work with, but he seems more bothered by how long it takes the club to sign players which affects pre season. It took a long time to sign Rondon last summer and that meant he wasn't fully up to speed until around November.

I think where Leicester would be under Benítez with that squad. I reckon Rodgers is a very good manager who will have them 7th/8th, potentially threatening 6th if someone like Arsenal or Chelsea have a stinker.

Benítez would have 7th nailed down and would be pushing those two in particular for 5th or even a bit higher if he had momentum. We have to go all out to keep him.

Rafa's problem is that he is asking for things from Ashley to make NUFC a better team/club. That's the worst thing to do as Ashley reacts badly to demands.

To manage NUFC, you have to shut up and work with what you're given and that's just not Rafa. There's not a chance in hell that Ashley is fighting to keep him.

Rafa's problem is that he is asking for things from Ashley to make NUFC a better team/club. That's the worst thing to do as Ashley reacts badly to demands.

To manage NUFC, you have to shut up and work with what you're given and that's just not Rafa. There's not a chance in hell that Ashley is fighting to keep him.

That's why I'm happy that we've got Rafa, he aint just gonna shut up and be satisfied with no ambition whatever.

That's why I'm happy that we've got Rafa, he aint just gonna shut up and be satisfied with no ambition whatever.

Such a vindication for fans after being told to be appreciative of a train of yes men.

:thup: Couldn't agree more. I wouldn't swap him for anyone.

Takeover or not ffs get this man signed up, anything other than him signing a new deal is fucking mental.

Why do we have the only owner in the world who would let Rafa go at the end of this season.

Well while there are owners who are awful, we have definitely got ourselves the thickest fucker in football.

Takeover or not ffs get this man signed up, anything other than him signing a new deal is fucking mental.

Why do we have the only owner in the world who would let Rafa go at the end of this season.

Well while there are owners who are awful, we have definitely got ourselves the thickest fucker in football.

you can have a thick owner and make it work.

unfortunately we've the thickest, tightest, most unambitous owner with the thickest arse-licking yes men as advisors.