Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

You couldn’t pay me to go back to SJP, would take Ashley selling up and even then I don’t think I could bear sitting beside the kind of fans that inhabit the place for 90 minutes every week.

Do us all a favour mate, and keep your promise to stay away - Ashley or no Ashley You contribute f**ing nothing - to this forum or to the club. I struggle to see from your craic on here what you can possibly offer to wider society. Even sat whining in your easychair, you're a waste of the stale-fart air you breathe.

moronrific.

Guest Howaythetoon

You couldn’t pay me to go back to SJP, would take Ashley selling up and even then I don’t think I could bear sitting beside the kind of fans that inhabit the place for 90 minutes every week.

Do us all a favour mate, and keep your promise to stay away - Ashley or no Ashley You contribute f**ing nothing - to this forum or to the club. I struggle to see from your craic on here what you can possibly offer to wider society. Even sat whining in your easychair, you're a waste of the stale-fart air you breathe.

Love you too :lol:

Love you too :lol:

Don't worry HTT.....

giphy.gif

I could be wrong, but isn't HTT pretty much the reason that this forum exists in the first place?

I could be wrong, but isn't HTT pretty much the reason that this forum exists in the first place?

He also donated well to the Magpie group when it was very active.

Rafa not heard back from the club three weeks after submitting his wish list at the club's request according to Caulkin

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rafael-benitez-given-no-assurances-over-future-at-newcastle-united-vx0xtzj2t

Can someone post, pretty please?!

Article here:

Rafa Benítez has had no response from Newcastle United three weeks after telling the club’s hierarchy what it will take to keep him at St James’ Park beyond the end of this season.

At Newcastle’s request, the manager submitted a wishlist in the week before their Premier League fixture at Arsenal on April 1, in the expectation that they would form the basis of contract negotiations. As of last night, he was still awaiting a reply, causing Benítez to seek clarification from the club; with only four games still to play, the clock is ticking.

Benítez, the former Liverpool, Inter Milan, Chelsea and Real Madrid manager, who celebrated his 59th birthday yesterday, is out of contract this summer when his three-year stay on Tyneside is due to end. Over the course of his £6m-a-year deal, he has lifted the team from the Sky Bet Championship and then kept them up on a limited budget, a feat he has almost certainly repeated this season.

There will be concern from Newcastle supporters at the apparent drift on behalf of the club, which remains on the market. While Benítez, a Champions League-winning manager, has repeatedly expressed his willingness to remain on Gallowgate, he continues to attract interest from clubs in Europe and beyond.

It is understood that all previous contract offers have been superseded by the most recent talks, meaning there is presently nothing concrete for him to consider. He has accepted that Newcastle will not improve their training ground in the immediate future, but is seeking compromise over their transfer policy, which favours signing players aged 24 and under.

There has been tension during transfer windows, with Benítez expressing frustration at the time it takes for the club to complete deals and he wants guarantees about when and how his budget will be spent.

Lee Charnley, the managing director, will this week be pressed on the issue during a round of media briefings to mark the release of the club’s annual accounts.

After Newcastle’s 1-0 victory at Leicester City last Friday, a result which all but guaranteed their position in the Premier League next season, Benítez gave an insight into his thinking.

“We have to have a team that can compete,” he said. “This city, this club, has potential. It’s massive. I’m not looking to spend £200m, but doing the right things.”

So he's compromised on his demands and they are still fucking him off.

He should just walk, at this stage it needs to burn. Ashley clearly has zero intent to change and all this sale talk is just bullshit.

Why would he want to sell the club?

Guest Howaythetoon

Fairly sure HTT never stopped going.  Best of both worlds, still go then come on here and slag of those that still go.

Why didnt I think of it ?

Nah, I took the bairns to a game earlier in the season and I’ll be at Craven Cottage to say thanks and goodbye to Rafa, but I’ve been to probably less than 10 games in the last 8 years. I’ve been to more non Toon games in that time I think.

Still hoping the fat cunt will sell. Clinging to the possibility that he has taken Rafa's blueprint to prospective buyers and they've bitten his hand off.

Don't do it to yourself  .

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa is now in full political beast mode. The stories about offers from France, the live chat with Carragher after the match last Friday and these leaks about not hearing back from the club are all Rafa’s doing.

Ashley would have been livid with his on pitch interview after the Leicester match.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the latest we don’t need money crap from Ritchie and Lascelles is the club’s way of fighting back.

This is how pathetic things are at NUFC :lol:

Still hoping the fat cunt will sell. Clinging to the possibility that he has taken Rafa's blueprint to prospective buyers and they've bitten his hand off.

Don't do it to yourself  .

I have to. Until the fat cunt is gone I can't enjoy anything about the club. Short lived moments are all there are. I want to have hope again.

Guest Howaythetoon

No sale will happen until Ashley removes all conditions of sale and lowers the price by 50m or so.

Rafa is now in full political beast mode. The stories about offers from France, the live chat with Carragher after the match last Friday and these leaks about not hearing back from the club are all Rafa’s doing.

Ashley would have been livid with his on pitch interview after the Leicester match.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the latest we don’t need money crap from Ritchie and Lascelles is the club’s way of fighting back.

What’s Captain Fantastic said now? I saw the Ritchie one but not the Lascelles one.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've started to drift away again now and lose interest, must be a defence mechanism.

Not even Rafa and my total love and respect for the man can maintain my interest in NUFC for any length of time or enough to be up for cheering the lads on with any real passion that I can at least feel I do still care. I don’t. Not strongly and outside of any 90 minutes anyway. I hope he does go because the season after and the one after that will be a continuation of his first 3 years here and that to me is a pointless and futile waste of everyone’s time and efforts.

I’m sure whoever replaces him will have the full support of 50k plus every home game still...

Yep, expecting more nonsense from the usual suspects, your Keys and Grays et al in the next few weeks. It'll be all "Mike has done all he can to keep Benitez" :anguish:

What’s Captain Fantastic said now? I saw the Ritchie one but not the Lascelles one.

We know we can get better.

"That doesn’t mean by signing players, it just means by keeping on listening and learning from the manager.

"We’re still getting to know the league really, not that many players have played that much Premier League football.

"When we gain a bit more experience, we’ll get better.

"We still need to get a bit more savvy and streetwise on the pitch."

"There have been some games we’ve lost through fine margins, and it hasn’t been because of a lack of quality or work ethic.

"If we’re winning, it’s maybe been because we haven’t got the ball in the corner or committed a little foul at a crucial moment.

"When we’ve got a bit more experience of the Premier League, I think that will be a big difference.

"Everything that goes on is through the manager, and we can only thank him for what he’s done for us.

" Since he’s been here, everything’s been positive and on the rise.

"As players, he’s been massive for us."