Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Looking forward to it being spun as the club did everything it could to keep him but Rafa still quit. The sad thing being a lot of our fans will buy it, along with buying their season ticket.

Sick of this, can't wait for it to be over, either way. Having said that i obviously hope for a positive ending, but naah, ain't gonna go that way for us Newcastle United fans.

Looks like what many of us have feared, is going to play out. Ashley is deliberately ignoring Rafa (as he did with Shearer) and as a result, he will leave the club. Then there will be a PR onslaught from Keith Bishop - via the likes of Sky, who will attempt to suggest that Rafa set unrealistic expectations and that Newcastle cannot compete financially with the top 6. The season ticket money will continue to roll in and we will face another relegation battle next season. Rinse and repeat.

Rafa is now in full political beast mode. The stories about offers from France, the live chat with Carragher after the match last Friday and these leaks about not hearing back from the club are all Rafa’s doing.

Ashley would have been livid with his on pitch interview after the Leicester match.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the latest we don’t need money crap from Ritchie and Lascelles is the club’s way of fighting back.

This is how pathetic things are at NUFC :lol:

What’s Captain Fantastic said now? I saw the Ritchie one but not the Lascelles one.

We know we can get better.

"That doesn’t mean by signing players, it just means by keeping on listening and learning from the manager.

"We’re still getting to know the league really, not that many players have played that much Premier League football.

"When we gain a bit more experience, we’ll get better.

"We still need to get a bit more savvy and streetwise on the pitch."

"There have been some games we’ve lost through fine margins, and it hasn’t been because of a lack of quality or work ethic.

"If we’re winning, it’s maybe been because we haven’t got the ball in the corner or committed a little foul at a crucial moment.

"When we’ve got a bit more experience of the Premier League, I think that will be a big difference.

"Everything that goes on is through the manager, and we can only thank him for what he’s done for us.

" Since he’s been here, everything’s been positive and on the rise.

"As players, he’s been massive for us."

Aye, all these mug teams signing players. Just need to play the ones you've got a bit more and jobs a good un.

Is he referring to the thing in the Echo (?) which said Bournemouth were waiting to pounce if we're not going to offer Ritchie a new deal?

Nah, article in the Mail saying we're not offering him a contract after he asked for one due to his age in addition to the Ryan Fraser link.

Don't think we care that much about keeping him either way.

I think the player age thing is going to be a deal breaker. We have had an aversion to spending money on older players since Fat Sam was sacked, I don't think Ashley will want to compromise there.

If you want an optimistic viewpoint, could be Rafa's way of pushing Ashley to sell up if there is still a buyer assuming we stay up.

The aversion to signing older players is so weird now that we hardly sign any players at all. At least 6-8 years ago there was a plan to develop and sell those younger players for more money. We don't even do that, now.

Once again, Ashley makes no sense