Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest neesy111

Always very diplomatic with his comments.  Would imagine he'd make a good politician or diplomat if he wasn't a successful football manager.

Is there any chance Rafa could actually be sacked soon? These results would get a lot of Premier League managers the boot. I'd obviously hate to see it happen.

Would definitely not put it past Ashley. I think it's now more likely than not. Just a matter of time.

Is there any chance Rafa could actually be sacked soon? These results would get a lot of Premier League managers the boot. I'd obviously hate to see it happen.

Would anyone actually care anymore, don’t think it’s possible to be any more detached from the club right now.

Dare I say should have kept the negativity to a minimum if he was going to see out his last year and tried to maybe reconsider some of his decisions in the transfer window?

What decisions did Benitez make in the transfer window exactly that he should be reconsidering. Do enlighten me.

Dare I say should have kept the negativity to a minimum if he was going to see out his last year and tried to maybe reconsider some of his decisions in the transfer window?

What decisions did Benitez make in the transfer window exactly that he should be reconsidering. Do enlighten me.

Murphy has been a terrible signing so far. Muto has not had the impact you want from him given the fact he cost more than our average net spend.

Letting Mitro go instead of trying to gel a system around him (I was not a fan of Mitro at all but its clear that he has some impact at this level).

Look man, Rafa as impeccable as he has been in coaching poor quality players so far, overall I don't find that he has been remarkably astute in the transfer market for us.

Murphy has been a terrible signing so far. Muto has not had the impact you want from him given the fact he cost more than our average net spend.

Letting Mitro go instead of trying to gel a system around him (I was not a fan of Mitro at all but its clear that he has some impact at this level).

Look man, Rafa as impeccable as he has been in coaching poor quality players so far, overall I don't find that he has been remarkably astute in the transfer market for us.

I say again, what decisions did Benitez make.

I'm assuming Muto and Rondon will actually come good once they are up to speed, otherwise they were pointless signings. If they can't get in the team ahead of Joselu and Perez for any other reason than fitness, that would represent pretty poor judgement on Rafa's part.

I wouldn’t be against mixing it up a bit now. Maybe front 3 of Perez, Muto and Kenedy with a midfield 3 of Shelvey, Diame and Richie.

Just get as many players on the pitch who can keep the ball a bit. Playing first time passes to shite target men isn’t helping anyone.

I'm assuming Muto and Rondon will actually come good once they are up to speed, otherwise they were pointless signings. If they can't get in the team ahead of Joselu and Perez for any other reason than fitness, that would represent pretty poor judgement on Rafa's part.

I will obviously give credit to signings like Dbravka & Fernandez, but yes, exactly that. Considering what was spent on players like Muto & Murphy, these should be starters.

We literally cannot afford bedding players in slowly, we cannot afford paying that much money on a regular basis. These need to be coached into what they were paid for and quick, otherwise they will be bad transfers. At least Murphy looks that way as it goes.

Obviously Rafa was given a shoe string budget, doesnt matter who we did sign. They were definitely not the A ro B list he wanted.

This team won't survive if we don't play turtle tactical football. Lacks quality all round.

Ashley has to go or nothing will change.

The players has already over delivered for Rafa, they are not as good as we make them out to be.

I wouldn’t be against mixing it up a bit now. Maybe front 3 of Perez, Muto and Kenedy with a midfield 3 of Shelvey, Diame and Richie.

Just get as many players on the pitch who can keep the ball a bit. Playing first time passes to shite target men isn’t helping anyone.

Our mid got absolutely ran through today. So bad. Man I miss Merino.

Someone who couldn’t wait to get away from here isn’t really going to be the answer, are they? :lol:

Our mid got absolutely ran through today. So bad. Man I miss Merino.

Someone who couldn’t wait to get away from here isn’t really going to be the answer, are they? :lol:

Some of the players who are here are playing like they want to be somewhere else as well.

Jacob Murphy, total shite, and not given the chance to prove otherwise anyway, that's his most expensive signing and hes made zero impact in a season and a bit.

Spending 10 million Muto and hes barely played a games worth of minutes, has also contributed nothing.

Manquillo, I'm no scout but surely there was a younger, more hungry player someone across Europe to spend 5 million pounds on?

If reports are to be believed he wanted to spend a combined 40 million on Rondon and Kenedy too, what a fuck up that would have been.

Atsu, 6 million quids worth of shite, that's without mentioning the likes of Gamez and Lazaar who were seemingly brought in for the crack and cast off without being given a chance.

That's the chance you take with transfers, but overall we've had more misses than hits from him.

Jacob Murphy, total shite, and not given the chance to prove otherwise anyway, that's his most expensive signing and hes made zero impact in a season and a bit.

Spending 10 million Muto and hes barely played a games worth of minutes, has also contributed nothing.

Manquillo, I'm no scout but surely there was a younger, more hungry player someone across Europe to spend 5 million pounds on?

If reports are to be believed he wanted to spend a combined 40 million on Rondon and Kenedy too, what a fuck up that would have been.

Atsu, 6 million quids worth of shite, that's without mentioning the likes of Gamez and Lazaar who were seemingly brought in for the crack and cast off without being given a chance.

That's the chance you take with transfers, but overall we've had more misses than hits from him.

You genuinley believe these were all Rafa's targets?

Well we can’t afford to bed people in slowly, but we literally can’t afford to buy people who will have an instant impact. It’s a tricky one.

Fact of the matter is we cannot attract with any inkling of ambition in the long run with this owner, we may as well focus only on players who perform well enough to use us as a stepping stone.

Well we can’t afford to bed people in slowly, but we literally can’t afford to buy people who will have an instant impact. It’s a tricky one.

Fact of the matter is we cannot attract with any inkling of ambition in the long run with this owner, we may as well focus only on players who perform well enough to use us as a stepping stone.

And then play Joselu anyway.

That's less than championship teams pay for a striker, what the fuck did you expect?

You bang on about £10m like it's a lot of money, it's not.  Not these days anyway.

£10m buys you fuck all in this league nowadays, even Championship teams spend more than that man.

A championship team with a few bargain basement signings, loans and frees.....we are where we deserve to be.

Benitez isn't perfect but there's no way he should be getting the flak for Ashley's underinvestment in all aspects of this club.