Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Been reliably informed that he turned Juve down and that the current contract offer is £50M funds for this season and £50M the season after.

The take over has put everything on hold but it would seem his preferred option is to stay.

I'm fairly sure Ronaldo hates Benitez so not sure if I believe that.

Always really really funny when forum 'characters' feel they need to double down as the negative attention rolls in. Never gets boring, anyways such a hoot to sift through their relentless pigshit. "oh look at us, we're soooo unpopular, hahaha, let's be even more insufferable. Together! Lol"

County Durham Mag[/member] Sounds like we need to become ITK and lie to people saying the takeovers will definitely happen everyday then we will become liked and not relentlessly boring.

Because that isn’t boring and insufferable apparently.

Those people you label ITK are actually passing on information they have heard and people can read it and decide whether or not it makes sense and might have some truth to it.

You guys on the other hand don't provide any new information of any kind that says it will not be happening. You just come in here rubbishing everythign positive. It's ridiculous guys.

It's an immature way of handling/managing your excitement about the whole thing, which is clearly through the roof.

I don’t provide information surely you’re just talking about County Durham Mag here ???

He is the one that posts like Steve Wraith does on Twitter in the takeover thread not me.

I’ve rarely posted in the takeover thread for weeks.

I’m 50/50 if it will happen or not I even said the other day I’m more hopefully of it happening given they’re business background and investor relationships look much more promising then it originally looked.

And the Monochrome thing was a very positive sign.

I’ve been quite balanced on the subject in fairness.

Always really really funny when forum 'characters' feel they need to double down as the negative attention rolls in. Never gets boring, anyways such a hoot to sift through their relentless pigshit. "oh look at us, we're soooo unpopular, hahaha, let's be even more insufferable. Together! Lol"

County Durham Mag[/member] Sounds like we need to become ITK and lie to people saying the takeovers will definitely happen everyday then we will become liked and not relentlessly boring.

Because that isn’t boring and insufferable apparently.

Those people you label ITK are actually passing on information they have heard and people can read it and decide whether or not it makes sense and might have some truth to it.

You guys on the other hand don't provide any new information of any kind that says it will not be happening. You just come in here rubbishing everythign positive. It's ridiculous guys.

It's an immature way of handling/managing your excitement about the whole thing, which is clearly through the roof.

I don’t provide information surely you’re just talking about County Durham Mag here ???

He is the one that posts like Steve Wraith does on Twitter in the takeover thread not me.

I’ve rarely posted in the takeover thread for weeks.

I’m 50/50 if it will happen or not I even said the other day I’m more hopefully of it happening given they’re business background and investor relationships look much more promising then it originally looked.

And the Monochrome thing was a very positive sign.

I’ve been quite balanced on the subject in fairness.

Gan to bed, man.

Wasn't it because fans complained to Lee Marshall about the fact he hasn't signed a new deal yet so shouldn't be using his name to sell shirts?

Don't think its anything more than that.

Yup. False advertisement. Really short sighted by the club and yet again the fans doing their job for them.

Wasn't it because fans complained to Lee Marshall about the fact he hasn't signed a new deal yet so shouldn't be using his name to sell shirts?

Aye. :lol: Get angry that his names on there, get angry again when it's taken off. This summer can get fucked, man.

:lol:

Our fans are bat shit at times like.

Dammit Lee his names on there, false advertisement!!

Shit! His name's gone he's off!!

Lee Marshall has to have the most thankless job in football, I reckon. Simply cannot win. :lol:

Not sure of his background and obviously the following is needed with his position, but he comes across as a huge Ashley backer and always playing down or patronising towards fans concerns.

Lee Marshall has to have the most thankless job in football, I reckon. Simply cannot win. :lol:

I agree. He must walk into work each day wondering what sort of shit storm his bosses will throw at him today.

With a little hope, this won’t last for much longer.

Not sure of his background and obviously the following is needed with his position, but he comes across as a huge Ashley backer and always playing down or patronising towards fans concerns.

He's Head of Media and Content, man. He's not going to risk upsetting his bosses any more than you or I would in our jobs. The grief he gets is absolutely unreal for the responsibilities he has.

In fairness, if he doesn't (Back him) he doesn't have a job!

Yes, this is what happened.

Worryingly I think he would only consider the China offer if he knows a takeover is unlikely to happen.

Seems like we’re in for double bad news.

I've tried to be patient with your viewpoints as others slag you off, after all they're only opinions, but if you think Rafa would go to China I give up.  It would be against everything we know the man to be.

I agree don’t think he would consider it usually but if he’s found out the takeover isn’t happening then you could understand why he would be considering a £12million a year contract offer :thup:

But he isn't driven by money, I'm quite sure he has more than enough already. Competition, success, achievement is what drives the man.

If you’ve got £10m in the bank and get offered £60m for 5 years work, knowing you’ve set yourself, kids and grandkids up for the rest of their lives, you’d absolutely 100% consider it.

Think the ‘how much does he need?’ argument is the pits.

:lol: Think you've got that sorted with the £10m tbh.

Exactly :lol:

Imagine thinking 10mil wasn't enough for that. Doubt Rafa is anything but frugal with his money as well.

Frugal people hate having more money too :lol:. :lol: